Sorry if I'm asking noob questions, but I need some info and advice.

My father recently passed away, he was a gigging musician for over 50yrs, some say he was possibly one of the best steel guitar players around (sorry had to get that in as I'm very proud of his accomplishments). As a child I dreamed of playing the steel guitar or any guitar for that matter, but for one reason or another, I never did more than pick around without any direction. However, I was very active in the school band as a child all the way thru highschool, so I'm not new to music. Well, since my fathers death, I've felt an over whelming urge to pick up the guitar again, except actually get serious about, like my father always wanted.

So here I sit today, with a garage full of steel guitars, amps, PA equipment and various accessories. The week after he died, I purchased a new American Standard Strat and today I took my first lesson. So my question is this, how much of his steel guitar equipment will be useful with my Strat? Here's a short list of some of the key amp equipment, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Session 500, Nashville 400, 2 Peavey Classic 115E cabinets with 15" Black Widows, Stewart PA-1200 Power Amp, Boss ME-5 pedals and a Peavey Tube Fex....just to name a few items off the top of my head, theres more rack mounted stuff I haven't even look at yet. I know must of this stuff is specialized for the steel guitar, but I'm sure some of it will cross over. I'm just looking how to put some of this together to get a good sound out of the Strat. I prefer a country, blues, classic rock sound.... Any help would be great....

At this point, I have no interest in selling any of his stuff and buying more guitar related equipment. Ideally, I would love to learn the steel guitar, but I'm not to that point yet. One of his band mates wants to buy the PA gear, so I may invest in a really nice tube amp later on....