Ok so does anyone know what the big difference is between the Bugera 6262 and the 6260. On paper they look quite similar. Is the 6262 worth the extra $50?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
the 6260 is like the 5150
the 6262 is like the 5150II

also, the 6260 is like the 6505
and the 6262 is like the 6505+
Quote by Demonikk
$50 isn't much at all, so you may as well go for it

Good point. I'm just having trouble telling what the difference is and its bugging me .
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Isnt it just a separate eq and such for the clean/rhythm channel?

Check bugeras site and the pics, then zoom in on each.

Think about how much more a 5150 II head costs than a 5150... well. i guess it depends (that whole block letter/sig thing people have goin on ebay and such). and weren't 5150 IIs produced less?
Quote by Aus-10
Isnt it just a separate eq and such for the clean/rhythm channel?

Check bugeras site and the pics, then zoom in on each.

Oh ok, in that case I think I might go with the 6262 for the overall better versatility. That is IF I decide to go with the Bugera.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Oh ok, in that case I think I might go with the 6262 for the overall better versatility. That is IF I decide to go with the Bugera.

What else are you thinking about going with?

I say this because im in an amp purchasing situation too.
Quote by Aus-10
What else are you thinking about going with?

I say this because im in an amp purchasing situation too.

Possibly a B-52 or I might look around for something used. I've also been looking at the Peavey Classic series but then that would pretty much throw metal out the window.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I'd go for the 6262 over the B-52... but i'd go for the peavey classic unless you are into metal. Also a used 5150 you can get for 500 or 600 bucks. I have an original 5150 and 6505. I have heard the 6262 in person.... Local music store has them. Honestly it sounded pretty damn close. But it didn't sound as deep or as much low end rather as the peavey. Also behringer produces these and I highly doubt this thing is as durable as the 5150.
Quote by paranormal5150
I'd go for the 6262 over the B-52... but i'd go for the peavey classic unless you are into metal. Also a used 5150 you can get for 500 or 600 bucks. I have an original 5150 and 6505. I have heard the 6262 in person.... Local music store has them. Honestly it sounded pretty damn close. But it didn't sound as deep or as much low end rather as the peavey. Also behringer produces these and I highly doubt this thing is as durable as the 5150.

Yeah. I do play a little metal which is why I'm worried about the Classic 30. What about a Valveking 112? I know it doesn't quite have the cleans but It can get into fairly high gain territory right?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
yeah, you should youtube the valveking theres some people on there with bad monkeys that make them sound really brutal but still not the gain that the 6262 will have. I'm a metal player so i'd pick the 6262 over the valveking and I have played on both of them. But I'd go used 5150 man. But if you dont want to go used then go for the 6262. My first 5150 was 500 bucks used and worked great. I got my 6505+ new. The 6262 is 550 bucks I believe new..... For 900 you could have a 6505+ new on a lot of e bay stores. In music stores they are usually around 1200. Sound wise like I said the 6262 is awesome its just kinda scary on how will it hold up? To be honest though for 550 id probably give it a shot... if it only last you 3 or 4 years you still got your money worth.
Quote by paranormal5150
yeah, you should youtube the valveking theres some people on there with bad monkeys that make them sound really brutal but still not the gain that the 6262 will have. I'm a metal player so i'd pick the 6262 over the valveking and I have played on both of them. But I'd go used 5150 man. But if you dont want to go used then go for the 6262. My first 5150 was 500 bucks used and worked great. I got my 6505+ new. The 6262 is 550 bucks I believe new..... For 900 you could have a 6505+ new on a lot of e bay stores. In music stores they are usually around 1200. Sound wise like I said the 6262 is awesome its just kinda scary on how will it hold up? To be honest though for 550 id probably give it a shot... if it only last you 3 or 4 years you still got your money worth.

Yeah I've searched for some clips of the VK and it seems like the lead channel stock w/ cranked gain and some volume is about all I would need for what I do. I wanna go down and try one out for myself though in particularly the clean channel with a Strat. If that's good enough for me then looks like a great way to get into tubes without breaking the bank. Plus I like that its a 112 combo so I could just use that for practice and plug it into a 412 for gigs if needed. But I'll definitely try out all the amps mentioned and see what works for me.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
well id say peavey is a more durable amp but ive read tons of people having problems with their valveking. Anytime you get into cheap tube amps a lot of times they were made from cheap parts to sell them cheap.
The Valvekings are quite versitale amps, the cleans are great and the overdrive channel has more then enough distortion, but youll need an od to get 5150 overdrive and to also tighten it up the VKs overdrive channel is a little flubby. Also a modded out VK is great, new speakers, tubes, etc.... I own the 212 and its great worth the money to me. But if you really want the metal id go for the Bugera. Even though the VK can get to death metal territory but its pushin it so much.