hey guys, i was wondering have you guys ever gone through phases where you cant tap? its really weird, for about a week i was learning the tapping section of eruption, i could play it perfect, then yesterday i went to play it and i cant get the timing right, and it sounded like crap, and the week before it sounded absolutely perfect. Do you guys go through phases like this? i still cant do it at all today
sometimes. but it's usually just because I've forgotten to cut my nails or something.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah but usually its because I've not tapped enough recently and the calluses are wearing away or because some part of my setup is turned down where it shouldn't be or a switch is on the wrong place, etc.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Everyone goes through phases where they can do something perfectly then they can't barely do it next.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

everyone changes. its a normal thing to go through. one day you'll be shredding like crazy, other days you cnat even get a simple power chrod progression goin
yea, every has off days

my advice would be just work on tapping a little more til youre comfortable with it
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by shtiming
everyone changes. its a normal thing to go through. one day you'll be shredding like crazy, other days you cnat even get a simple power chrod progression goin

yeah I do this all the time i can play Joe Satriani one day, then cant play Sabbath stuff the next...
dude the exact thing happened to me TODAY cause ive been learning the solo to One by metallica and i was doin it almost perfect now today i cant do it at all. Just take it slow and speed it up gradually
Might just be an off day. I had one today, I couldent play anything in time.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park