Ok what I am looking for is a 1 pickup schematic with 2 volume pots which are alternated with a switch. It doesn't sound too hard but I havn't seen any schematics like that
sound simple. that' could be why.

took me 2 minutes max to doodle it. I do havew it but my comp is playing up so i can't upload it to net now.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Last edited by funguy at Feb 25, 2008,
I've never seen a schematic like that, but all you have to do is follow a diagram like this, then between the picup and volume pot, install a spst switch. Solder the black wire from the pickup to the middle lug of the switch. Solder another wire to one of the outer lugs of the switch, and solder that wire where the black wire from the pickup is soldered to the volume pot in the diagram. Then solder the other lug of the switch to another volume pot in the same way as shown in the diagram, and solder the middle lugs of both pots to the output jack Not very difficult to do....

edit: no, not like a tone pot. They're wired differently.
got it uploaded. here.

All your doing is putting a switch in before and after the volume pots.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
pu1 and pu2 are the pickups, the thing in the top middle is a 3-way switch, the thing in the very middle is a dpdt switch, the zig zags with arrows are the pots. The thing that looks like it says Jared probably means jack.
but i only want 1 pickup. Can I just forget the 3 way switch all together? is the toggle DPDT?
hold on....are you wanting to control the volume of each coil in a humbucker?
What I think hes looking for is a pickup with two volume knobs, and a switch to choose which volume pot is activated. So he/she can set different volumes and flip between the two. Am I right?

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by stark0606
but i only want 1 pickup. Can I just forget the 3 way switch all together? is the toggle DPDT?

yes just wire from the pickup to the DPDT toggle switch. i advise you to learn about wiring guitars and electronics before going any further. this is all simple stuff that if you've read or at least have an little understanding and a the info of the symbols you can do this.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
thanks guys. yea that's just what I needed. Hopefully it should turn out all right