I am going to be selling my schecter ( within the week) and i am taking the money towards building a good blues guitar. I plan on ordering all my stuff from musikraft and i was leaning towards a mohagony(sp?) back with a flame maple top, maple finger board maple neck, the thing i cant ffigure out is what pickups to get, i really wanna do dual p-90's but am not sure how well they will go with that body for blues, anyone have any suggestions on body woods and pick up combo's. I dont want this guitar to sound like my stratocaster either. thanks for any suggestions . ( i also plan on doing a shellac finish all 'round)
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Well a stratis a very bluesy guitar but a mahogany body will make a difference. You probably should get like a single coil in the neck and a bucker in the bridge.
well i wanted the mahogany body with a maple top because thats the same configuration as the es-335 which ii really like the sound of( especially for blues), with the single coils will it still sound similar to the strat or should i go with some paf like p-ups ( still think p-90s would be cool and original)
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
you're definitely not gonna get the es-335 sound without doing a hollow body (i think the only part that isn't hollow is the block for the neck). it gets its bluesy sound because of the amount of room inside the body for sound to resonate, as well as the pickups. just something to think about.