Page 1 of 2
I am kind of new here, but I have heard and seen a lot of you guys hate on Line6. Why?
I got a SPider II 112. It's a fun toy but I wouldn't go on stage with it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
there r like a ton of these threads...
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
People bash Line 6 because their amps are not very good, but also more expensive than other amps that do the same thing as it, but sound better.

Line 6 as a company is not bad, they make some good pedals, especially the DL4, but the amps do not sound very good.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
People bash Line 6 because they all have huge Marshal stacks that go to 11...

The same reason people bash everything else, they are ignorant kids who jump on hating bandwagons.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by SG Man Forever
People bash Line 6 because their amps are not very good, but also more expensive than other amps that do the same thing as it, but sound better.
What? I got a Spider II 212 for $200. That sounds like a damn low price for a new amp to me.
Quote by i have to pee

The same reason people bash everything else, they are ignorant kids who jump on hating bandwagons.

Oh shush, Spiders are dreadful amps. I own one. I know.

line 6 is a pretty cool guy. eh does a crappy job modelling amps and doesn't afraid of anything.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
people mainly bash them for the spider series of amps. the effects are quite good. i have a PODX3.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by rafarquhar
Oh shush, Spiders are dreadful amps. I own one. I know.

line 6 is a pretty cool guy. eh does a crappy job modelling amps and doesn't afraid of anything.

I had a Spider II 150w combo for quite some time and it worked just fine. I didn't use any of the effects except maybe a little chorus because I had a distortion pedal but still, it wasn't bad for the $300 I paid for it used.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I like them. I wouldnt use one to gig but for practice its good because of the modeling ability.
Line6 makes great recording interfaces, in my experience.

I was not aware that their amps had a reputations of being bad, but I can never get a good tone out of one.

But they're pretty versatile, and are a decent buy if you're on a budget, I think.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
I have a Spider 2, used, and I like it. It's fun to play around with and has a bunch of cool effects.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
I find NOTHING wrong with my Spider II 112. The clean channel is kinda bad but I never use it anyways. It's a very crunchy little amp and it's great to screw around with. It's not the best for playing big gigs with but small to medium gigs it's great for.
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
Line6 makes great recording interfaces, in my experience.

I was not aware that their amps had a reputations of being bad, but I can never get a good tone out of one.

But they're pretty versatile, and are a decent buy if you're on a budget, I think.

Yeah, I also have one of their recording interfaces. It's alot of fun, you can get so many amp models and sounds out of the amp in general.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Spiders suck, but the other amps they make (Flextone, Vetta, etc...) are pretty good with the modeling.
Quote by i have to pee

pshshhhhh **** that my amp goes to 12.

No joke.
Put it this way:

There are ALOT of guitarists who use UG, some of us have been playing for a long time, we've played with alot of guitars through alot of amps using alot of equipment.

If you talk to some of the guys who frequent guitar gear and accessories who've been playing, recording and gigging for 15 years+ they've got ALOT of experience with tone.

And the Line 6 Spider III series amps put out ****ty tone, particularly the higher powered ones.
Quote by superunknown
pshshhhhh **** that my amp goes to 12.

No joke.

Thanks for missing the joke.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
In my experience, spider III's have some of the heaviest distortion you can find in a $100-$500 solid state amp. I really like mine, it sounds good loud too; I can gig with it easily. I honestly don't see what everyone hates about them so much. If you like metal (hardcore stuff like underoath, norma jean, etc), you can get exactly the sound you want out of them. Otherwise, the only problem I could see is that the tone could be a little warmer, but the effects on the spider III's arent terrible, either. (Hope that helps)
Quote by i have to pee
Thanks for missing the joke.

Wait...
what?

I mean,
I think I got the joke....
unless of course that wasn't a spinal tap reference and in that case I am completely lost.
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
In my experience, spider III's have some of the heaviest distortion you can find in a $100-$500 solid state amp. I really like mine, it sounds good loud too; I can gig with it easily. I honestly don't see what everyone hates about them so much. If you like metal (hardcore stuff like underoath, norma jean, etc), you can get exactly the sound you want out of them. Otherwise, the only problem I could see is that the tone could be a little warmer, but the effects on the spider III's arent terrible, either. (Hope that helps)

Believe me once you develop an ear for tone you will realise how wrong that statement is.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have a Spider 2 15 watt amp and I'm not thrilled with it.

But I also have the Guitar Port and really like it. The modeling software is like what's available in the Pod's. They both use the same interface.

That's my experience.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
I have a line 6 amp. The tone is better than some amps, but you can get MUCH better. The tone sounds really fake and digital. I kind of like the clean channel, but you can get much better
I can understand why people hate the Spider's. But the Flextones are pretty good amps tbh. I think the spiders overshadow there other good amps. They should really stop that line of amps, and make a Flextone head and smaller practice amp size one.

I also think there are a lot of people who just say get a tube amp as its the new thing and everyone else is saying it. The technology is seriously outdated. They are so fragile. If you take a tube amp on tour, you have to be SO careful.

I think im the only person on here who actually wants a CLEAN tone. I hate the fact that tube amps color your sound when you play at higher volumes. I want my clean sounds clean, and my dirty sounds dirty.

If you actually think about it - what you want is a 300 watt mosfet poweramp and a nice preamp. That way, you wouldn't get that stupid SS crap out, and still be as loud as hell. Your cleans would be clean, you'd cut through, and its a fairly cheap setup.

(For those of you who don't know what mosfets are - they are like an amazingly better version of SS, as they have a gradual cut off, a lot like tube, instead of sudden cut offs like normal SS poweramps)

I cant wait for the backlashes
Im playing more clean tones and stuff like Santana now but ppl would disagree if they saw my prof but i havent been 2 the studio in 4evr rum monkey. that was all my 1st year stuff i have.
I have never played a Spider, but fom what I've been told, they're pretty crap.

I have a Flextone II. It's OK, not fab, but Line 6's Guitarport is pretty good, especially for recording keyboards. There are way better things out there though.
Because the amps sound fake.
I would never buy an amp like that for 500$.
@rum monkey
Yes the technology is outdated, but they sound much better than solid states, and mosfets.
You say that tubes don't give good cleans? Look at the fender twin reverb.
Mainly because the Spiders are crappy, but other than that they have some products that are quite good. Pod XT's are great, and a lot of their digital recording hardware is to die for.
:'(... I got a job and saved up for like 4 months to get my Line-6 spider III. Only amp Ive ever had besides my ibanez starter amp. Compared to other amps, it really sounds like ****? I wouldnt really know, cause most of the people I jam with still have ****ty amps
DL4 are awesome
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by captainjackass
:'(... I got a job and saved up for like 4 months to get my Line-6 spider III. Only amp Ive ever had besides my ibanez starter amp. Compared to other amps, it really sounds like ****? I wouldnt really know, cause most of the people I jam with still have ****ty amps

Dude, if you're happy with it, that's all that counts, right?
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Spiders are horrible. Tone sucks and there's too much novelty items on the amp to cover up the fact that it sucks.

Cubes are much better modeling amps.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2