Page 1 of 2
After being sent home for having liberty spikes earlier today, I'm putting together a good argument as to why I should be allowed to have them. So far I have the freedom of expression act, and no where in the student dress code does it say that I can't have liberty spikes. Does anyone have anything to add to this argument, or any tips on persuading principles?
you could poke an eye out kid
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
if you go to a private school there is no way its gonna be allowed, even if its not in the handbook, but if you go to a public school, there should be no problem at all with liberty spikes
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Quote by Happy Meal
you could poke an eye out kid

well he does have a point. no pun intended
I go to a public school, but the principle and vice principle wont let me come to school with them...
Seeing as you failed to spell the word Principal (principals are your pals, little trick I use) you are not qualified for the same rights as adults.
Maybe if you spelled 'principal' right, he'd be impressed by your academic abilities and not care if you had Liberty Spikes.

All joking aside, I'd say find any legal documents like the Freedom of Expression act, and then examine the school policy. If it doesn't mention them, you're golden. Plus, tell him UG said so.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by djrue211
if you go to a private school there is no way its gonna be allowed, even if its not in the handbook, but if you go to a public school, there should be no problem at all with liberty spikes

as long as they dont actually block ne ones view in the classroom

or "take away from the learning environment" aka they dont like it, but dont have a real reason to stop u, therefore they make up a rule

its the same thing as when police charge you with disturbing the piece, just for doing something legal, that THEY dont like

but liberty spikes? ooh ur gonna love looking back on this in 20 years
Quote by its_alive
Seeing as you failed to spell the word Principal (principals are your pals, little trick I use) you are not qualified for the same rights as adults.

LOL! I feel really bad now. I should have noticed I was spelling it wrong.
Quote by joeyc
well he does have a point. no pun intended

I lol'd

And do you go to a public or private school?
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i cant have rubber bands. if i have a poster im working on i have to paper clip it. total BS.
dude if ur parents are gettin all ****ty about u gettin sent home i say just keep on goin to school and let them send u hom and after a while they wont have a choice but to let u stay...it could work.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by Your41Plague12
Maybe if you spelled 'principal' right, he'd be impressed by your academic abilities and not care if you had Liberty Spikes.

All joking aside, I'd say find any legal documents like the Freedom of Expression act, and then examine the school policy. If it doesn't mention them, you're golden. Plus, tell him UG said so.

With UG on my side, I'm sure he'll let me have them!
we're not allowed to have mohawks in my school either. my friend had one and they said he would be suspended unless he shaved it off. he was pretty pissed.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
thats not fair at all.
if the african kids can go to school painted brown,
then why can't you spike your hair up into huge spikes?
what else are you supposed to impale them with?
i play an 8 string
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
dude if ur parents are gettin all ****ty about u gettin sent home i say just keep on goin to school and let them send u hom and after a while they wont have a choice but to let u stay...it could work.

My parents are actually on my side.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Plus, tell him UG said so.

make your principal think your in a cult lol
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
Quote by Vintage_Axe

Yes. Just don't make a threat. Just keep telling him "UG says so!" and don't tell him what it stands for, it'll scare the hell out of him most likely. He'll be forced to just let you go.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Vintage_Axe

Give him some Kool-Aid
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
You probably won't win, there is probably some clause somewhere that says by entering school grounds you give up freedom of expression, I know for a fact this applies to free speech and the right to not be searched without probable cause and of course right to bear arms.
Quote by loganrocksabass
thats not fair at all.
if the african kids can go to school painted brown,
then why can't you spike your hair up into huge spikes?
what else are you supposed to impale them with?

LOL your my Hero +1 buddy lol
Dude, this happened to me the other day! At first i was pissed because it was totally random, then I realized that I got to go home early! So I was happy and my friend left with me for some bs reason along the lines of freedoms being taken away and we went in busked in the town center by my house and made like 15 bucks then bought lunch.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
well one, it's your choice of expression so it should be allowed. on the same note, if they don't like it they can look away. if that doesn't work impale them with your hair.
the whole "liberty" thing, in "liberty" spikes
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Well, this is a pretty unavoidable problem, without spending another 600 bucks for an original. You could try to using rubbing alcohol and rig it that way, but I don't suggest it as it's not a viable lubricant and could possibly lead to bleeding. If you'd like to chance it though, it might outdo the use of a wrench, you could unscrew one of the bolts and break the entire machine, and you wouldn't want that. If you end up doing it the hard way and try and take it out circuit by circuit you might be attacked by an unpleasant case of the Electri****ingcution. I strongly suggest suicide if you really believe you're going to be a goddamn ninja. Really though, that's not necessarily correct if you go with the 42 walls of dicks you'll have to climb, but I agree wholeheartedly towards the last few solutions, which really could be a great idea. Goddammit kid, I've got no time for your shenanigans and I'd like to be out the do ASAP, and by ASAP I don't mean a turtle. So get your ****-shoveling ass out of here, and NEVER, I repeat, NEVER call me Sgt. Dorkus C. McPoopypants EVER again.
Quote by metalclash22
well one, it's your choice of expression so it should be allowed. on the same note, if they don't like it they can look away. if that doesn't work impale them with your hair.

Will do! There's nothing like having people impaled on your hair.
tell him that you don't tell him not to wear a tie.. and that you don't pay him to talk

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Awwwww muffin!

What the hell is with you kids and your queer as fuck hairstyles? Wow. That's even worse than the faux-hawk kid.

So I'll give you the same advice I gave him.

Suck it up princess. Thing's aren't always going to go your way muffin.

When you turn 14, maybe you'll realize how stupid your hair looks.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
no offense here, and don't mock my ignorance but, aren't liberty spikes those F'd up lookin' hair spikes? dude, did you really think you can get away with stuff that you do for concerts at school? imo your ignorance means you should never be let back at school - if im right on the my perception of what liberty spikes are. such a waste of hair gel too... i'd say just get over it. trying to beat the system because you can't wear your hair the way you want to just seems childish.
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
i say just keep on goin to school and let them send u hom and after a while they wont have a choice but to let u stay...it could work.

No, it cant.
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
Quote by vjferrara
no offense here, and don't mock my ignorance but, aren't liberty spikes those F'd up lookin' hair spikes? dude, did you really think you can get away with stuff that you do for concerts at school? imo your ignorance means you should never be let back at school - if im right on the my perception of what liberty spikes are. such a waste of hair gel too... i'd say just get over it. trying to beat the system because you can't wear your hair the way you want to just seems childish.

This is the threadstarter:
Quote by FakeAlias
Well, this is a pretty unavoidable problem, without spending another 600 bucks for an original. You could try to using rubbing alcohol and rig it that way, but I don't suggest it as it's not a viable lubricant and could possibly lead to bleeding. If you'd like to chance it though, it might outdo the use of a wrench, you could unscrew one of the bolts and break the entire machine, and you wouldn't want that. If you end up doing it the hard way and try and take it out circuit by circuit you might be attacked by an unpleasant case of the Electri****ingcution. I strongly suggest suicide if you really believe you're going to be a goddamn ninja. Really though, that's not necessarily correct if you go with the 42 walls of dicks you'll have to climb, but I agree wholeheartedly towards the last few solutions, which really could be a great idea. Goddammit kid, I've got no time for your shenanigans and I'd like to be out the do ASAP, and by ASAP I don't mean a turtle. So get your ****-shoveling ass out of here, and NEVER, I repeat, NEVER call me Sgt. Dorkus C. McPoopypants EVER again.

...wat da hell?...
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by Liberation
Awwwww muffin!

What the hell is with you kids and your queer as fuck hairstyles? Wow. That's even worse than the faux-hawk kid.

I'm older than 14, and I do realize how stupid my hair looks. But I like it that way.
Quote by Liberation
Awwwww muffin!

Well, golly gee! Someone had a rough day, I take it.

You can take it out on me instead of the super k00l punk rock d00d with the liberty spikes, cutie. I like to take it. I like to give it, too. If that's what you're into, of course.
Quote by Liberation
This is the threadstarter:

Are you retarded? Those are gay as hell. Mine are about a foot long (at least) and are all over my head
You don't have rights in school. Deal.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by FakeAlias
Well, golly gee! Someone had a rough day, I take it.

You can take it out on me instead of the super k00l punk rock d00d with the liberty spikes, cutie. I like to take it. I like to give it, too. If that's what you're into, of course.

You've been here for a few months. Let me explain something to you.

I'm an asshole.

Page 1 of 2