right now i have a crate blue voodoo and i feel sometimes it is lacking a bit of bottom end. i use a lot of palm muting and i wish it would be a bit more beefier. possibly a bit more gain and low for that extra sustain. i was wondering if i were to replace the tubes would it change the amps tone that dramatically. like if i were to get like mesa boogie tubes, krank, or even bogner.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
None of those companies make tubes. They put their names on other brands of tubes, usually not even the good ones. Check out the tube sticky.
but will new tubes change the tone of my amp?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
well i have 4 preamp tubes and the 4 of the ligh bulby looking ones....

so considering i play heavy metal/hardcore what do you recommend?
i looked on ur thread but i still cant really understand what to get
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
thank you, will will look into them. could you compare their tone to an amp though?
like are they a thrashy 6505 sound or more of a powerhouse mesa sound?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
If you put them in a 6505 they will sound like a peavey.
If you put them in a dual rec, they will sound like a mesa.

Tubes don't sound like amps, amps sound like amps.
The JJs just have a little more low end, output, and gain than most other tubes, is all.
oh okay so then it would be just a noticiable boost basically... kinda like an od pedal?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Well, it's not going to be like you suddenly got a metal muff with all the knobs dimed, but it will have more bass and a bit more output. Think EQ, not overdrive. Though you could get more OD if you got the harder tubes.
yeah that sounds like what i want... i was just having a hard time explaining it.... i have been looking for jj tubes online and they dont have them at guitarcenter.com or musiciansfriend.com u know anywhere that carries themm?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75