Page 1 of 3
Yeah, so I got in an arguement with this kid I know. Him and I have very different opinions about music I like classic rock and all that good stuff, and he's into the newer stuff that I generally find terrible like FOB, Panic! etc.

And I was talking to him about cover songs and stuff and about like there have been few covers that I liked better than the original blah blah blah. And he says that Fall Out Boy should do a cover of Stairway. I looked at him blankly for a second, waiting for him to say that he's kidding and I waited another second and another and another but still nothing. He was fucking serious.

What should I do to this boy to teach him that that song can never be covered by another band let alone Fall Out Boy and sound any good?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
tell him what a noob he is.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
get over yourself and realize that the music you prefer is not objectively superior to the music anyone else prefers?
Quote by DashBlaster
Let him have his own opinion.

This.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Fallout Boy should cover Stairway.

I'd listen to it. Fugg the original.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
an opinion is like an ass,everybody has one.

deal with it
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Rape Him Rape Him!!!

Oh and I think dragonforce should do a cover of stairway, with lots of cool techno sounds.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
you should beat him up. what an asshole for having an opinion on art.
You should hit yourself.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
let him be

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
If fall out boy covered stairway to heaven, i'd kill everyone in fall out boy.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You're coming across as an elitist.

That's bad.

I know.

But still, I was having my own opinion on music. How come no one noticed that?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
So no-one should ever cover Stairway?

Thank f*ck for that, it's an overrated piece of sh*t song as it is (IMO)

But hey, looks like Rodrigo y Gabriela covered it already. Go be elitist at him too.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by floppypick
Rape Him Rape Him!!!

Oh and I think dragonforce should do a cover of stairway, with lots of cool techno sounds.

I would love that.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Fallout Boy should cover Stairway.

I'd listen to it. Fugg the original.
I've always wanted to hear Bon Jovi cover it.
Rodrigo y Gabriela did an awsome cover of Stairway to Heaven
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by floppypick
Rape Him Rape Him!!!

i hope you are killed before you touch a female...
Quote by Duff_McGee
What a pointless argument.

Eh, we got bored. I'm still friends with the kid and all I didn't take it too far. But I was interested in wondering what the Pit thought of it.
Quote by ShaunDiel
you should sell you amp and two of your guitars and buy a nice amp.
Tell him Fall Out Boy should cover Megadeth's Rust In Peace instead. We can all get a laugh out of that one.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
tell him that FOB doing that song would be like him dancing naked under the rain singing mary had a little lamb

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
your a retard TS
listen to the stairway to heaven cover by Rodrigo y Gabriela, id listen to that over the zeppelin version anyday, simply because it has amazing guitar and no robert plant wailing depressingly *flameshield*
FOB do suck in my opinion, but you have to realise that what you think is not necessarily always right. Im guessing your a 12-15 year who's being playing for roughly three years and thinks they know everything about music because they can play the intros to stairway and sweet child 'o' mine. get over yourself
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Nah, don't those people above me. Your first instincts were right: you should probably kill him, or at least send him to the ER.

Yeah. Thats definitely the wisest course of action.
Originally posted by Capua47:

Oh well if your from austrailia then grades shudn't matter considering your just gonna grow up to be ol' stevie erwin eh?!

Gear:
Schecter Omen-6
Peavey Valveking 212
Metal Muff
Metal Zone
Jimi Hendrix Wah
shove your guitar down his throat? Or just deal with it, somebody needs to do a good cover of stairway, FOB would do a sucky one but who cares?
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Fall Out Boy fails.

But so does Led Zeppelin. But I dont give a **** if you like them. The very fact that you think you have to DO SOMETHING TO HIM FOR HIS MUSICAL OPINON means if I knew you I would actually kick the **** out of you. You fail.
I've been here since '04.

Quote by Arthur Curry
get over yourself and realize that the music you prefer is not objectively superior to the music anyone else prefers?

you should print off every comment on UG flaming Panic! and FOB! With the insane amount of hate comments, it'll show him how horrible his taste in music is.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by iceman95
I know.

having an opinion on music isn't bad as long as you realize that other people have their own opinions, and to confront them just because they aren't the same as yours is pointless and stupid.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by mathieupM13
an opinion is like an ass,everybody has one.

deal with it

Not everybody has a nice ass

haha just had to say it but i agree with you
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
leave him alone
sure he said something REALLY stupid (hopefully it never happens) but he has his own oppinion an his own taste in music...*cough*if you call that music*caugh*

anywho,leave him alone
Quote by iceman95

Because you posted a topic about what you should do to him. Most people you'll meet have bad taste in music. They listen to pop and think it has value and depth. Just say he's gay and move on from the subject. Almost everybody registered to this forum is going to tell you Led Zeppelin is better.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Page 1 of 3