I was thinking of replacing the tubes (6L6 and 12AX7) in my Valveking 112. Tungsols apparently come highly recommended, but I have a couple of questions about them.

1) Should I change the preamp tubes as well as the power tubes?
2) Is one more important than the other?
3) What does each set of tubes do?
4) The Tungsol 6L6's come in three flavors, and I'm not sure of the difference between the soft, medium and hard tubes. I understand that the 'soft' tubes break up slower than the 'hard' tubes, but how big is the difference? Does anyone have a recommendation as to which I should get?

To answer your first question, I play mostly low gain stuff: alt rock, classic rock, maybe some velvet revolver-style stuff, but not much.

in b4 use the search bar, etc.

Thanks in advance.
1) Should I change the preamp tubes as well as the power tubes?
Probably. Yes.

2) Is one more important than the other?
The preamp tubes, specifically V1, will have the most pronounced effect.

3) What does each set of tubes do?
The preamp tubes shape the tone as it comes in from your guitar. Also provides most of the distortion from the dirty channel.
The phase inverter splits the signal into two parts so it can be amplified more efficiently. It also gets hit hard when the amp is turned up and causes breakup.
The power tubes amplify the sound the most. They break up last of all the tubes but sound the best doing it.

4) The Tungsol 6L6's come in three flavors, and I'm not sure of the difference between the soft, medium and hard tubes. I understand that the 'soft' tubes break up slower than the 'hard' tubes, but how big is the difference? Does anyone have a recommendation as to which I should get?
There's a pretty noticeable difference. I would just get the regular ones. The hot ones kill your headroom and the cold ones don't give enough breakup. Moderation is good.
Excellent, thanks. I was confused, and now I am not.