Ok. So me, and.... well.... only me, got an idea to make my own guitar manufacturing buisness. So what I need to know is:

1) Do I need a buisness licence?
2) If so, how much do they cost?
3) Make my own design, or "copy" an already used design.
4) Make own hardware, or just buy?
5) Company name is going to be "Alessi Guitars" and I'm going to need a kick-ass logo...
And any other suggestions you can think of.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
You should become an adult first. Other than that, taking classes in Economics, Accounting, Finance, and talking to other entrepreneurs will greatly help.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Study business in college. It's worth it.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Step 1.) Spell business properly.
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Quote by duarte1223
Step 1.) Spell business properly.

ok... if you say so...
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
1) Do I need a buisness licence?

Depends where you're from and what name you're operating under. In Canada you don't need to have a business license if you are operating under your legal name.

2) If so, how much do they cost?

It was $60 in Canada when I registered my business name almost 5 years ago. Which reminds me, I'm going to have to renew this year.

3) Make my own design, or "copy" an already used design.

Are you serious ?

4) Make own hardware, or just buy?

Like what kind of hardware ? Pots, pickups etc. ? Almost every guitar company buys the electronics and outsources their pickups. Ibanez use Dimarzio for example.

5) Company name is going to be "Alessi Guitars" and I'm going to need a kick-ass logo...
And any other suggestions you can think of.

It sounds to me like you don't even have the basics covered.

Business 101:

Step 1: See a problem
Step 2: Create a product that solves that problem
Step 3: Profit

When you ask "make a design or copy a design" you clearly have not thought things through. What problem is your business solving and how does it solve it ? Yeah, running your own business is a lot of fun, but without a product that actually has a market you *will* fail. There are tons of guitar companies out there. What specific niche does your idea fill that all other guitar companies fail to ?