So, i am considering this guitar. It looks real nice, has great features, and has seven strings, all things i was looking for. And people seem to love their schecters. But what i'm not sure about is the 26.5" scale length. Would the standard tuning for that still be B to E? and if not, could i change it to that?

What do you think of the guitar? Any forseeable drawbacks or problems?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
i have it
and the scale length is perfect
the tuning is still B to E
it plays incredible
the only drawback to it
would be that if you arent used to playing a seven string, or having extremely large frets, or having tight strings, you might have SOME difficulty at first
but other than that it has amazing tone, feels good, and plays awesome
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
the extended neck is for better B string clarity. its a great guitar in my opinion. and jeff loomis ****ing shreds.
it is 1000% amazing! still BEADGBe, but i tune to ADADGBe. the 26.5" isnt much different than a 25.5", it takes a few minutes to get used to the scale for the first time, the 7 strings is a little longer.
Interesting, I thought that since the scale is longer for that guitar that the tuning would be at least a half-step below standard, as it is usually found on baritone guitars (if I am correct that is). How come it isn't that way with this guitar? I'm just curious.
ok, i thought it would still be the same. it's good to hear that people like it, it'll make the decision easier. i'm not a huge Nevermore fan, but they have some great songs and yeah, Loomis shreds like a madman.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.