Page 1 of 3
I am currently writinig a 5 page paper about a topic that i know very little about and have to have it done by tommarrow (procrastination FTW) and i am really tense and can't work.

What are some relaxing and calm bands/songs/albums that i can listen to to help make me a bit less tense.

(remember kids, procrastination is bad )
The Creek Drank the Cradle album by Iron & WIne
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
ummmm, if your looking for motovation, try some techno, nothing gets me going like some bad ass beats.

And if your going for calm, and boring. Korn will do just fine.haha

Listen to Tool dude.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
coldplay, U2, badly drawn boy(definitely listen to silent sigh), zeppelin (the rain song, ten years gone)
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
yellowcard is pretty mellow, same with some of audioslave's stuff...maybe even try a lil bit of FOB

wait wait wait, why the hell are you on UG right now?
when some faggot says necrophagist and finds it funny Im going to have to kill them.

and Sigur Ros.
I've been here since '04.

Quote by hawking_hole
yellowcard is pretty mellow, same with some of audioslave's stuff...maybe even try a lil bit of FOB

wait wait wait, why the hell are you on UG right now?

Combination of ADD and the hope that it will he me become less tense

baisically wasting time.
Novembre
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
circa survive.the honorary title.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
My Morning Jacket
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Iron and Wine, shins, newer bright eyes, beach boys.

but from someone who used to have borderline ulcers from stress, I can easily say that the most relaxing music especially for school work is classical. Don't be an idiot and listen to Korn or sabbath or BLS.
If you can find the song MOS 6581 by Carbon Based Lifeforms it will do your trick.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Hey, the guy in xCobainx's sig took my idea about quoting weclome to the jungle when my gf gave me head (but mine was less dramtic)

Yes i am working, i'm on page 2 and whitebluesboy, thanks, classical has calmed me down a lot.

Edit: guy above me, you have just won, that music is amazingly calming
I say some Terry Reid will do you good.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
The Heretic - The Sound of Animals Fighting.
Very chill song.

Edit: +1 to whoever posted explosions in the sky. Most if not all of their songs are good to relax to.
Wow, thread starter, I am in the same boat as you right now and I actually just talked to my friend who's in the same situation too, how weird is that? and yeah, I hate procrastinating but is just very hard not to do that. I Have a paper due tomorrow and I'm just out of it, I'm gonna have to turn it in late though.

As far as relaxing music well, not knowing what you usually listen to this is my suggestion: listen to soft and mellow songs that you know but mix them with some songs that usually make you feel active and keep you motivated; let them push your brain so that it can keep moving and giving you more ideas. As you do that don't pay attention to singing or it will distract you, just get hyper with the beat of the more active songs, and relaxed with the softer ones. I hope that helps and good luck to you man!
Last edited by TrasherFromHell at Feb 25, 2008,
buckethead-colma or electric tears
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
The album Reconstruction Site by The Weakerthans.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
anything by Radiohead
maybe some Incubus?
i personally can relax really well to Tool, but everyones different...
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by TrasherFromHell
Wow, thread starter, I am in the same boat as you right now and I actually just talked to my friend who's in the same situation too, how weird is that? and yeah, I hate procrastinating but is just very hard not to do that. I Have a paper due tomorrow and I'm just out of it, I'm gonna have to turn it in late though.

As far as relaxing music well, not knowing what you usually listen to this is my suggestion: listen to soft and mellow songs that you know but mix them with some songs that usually make you feel active and keep you motivated; let them push your brain so that it can keep moving and giving you more ideas. As you do that don't pay attention to singing or it will distract you, just get hyper with the beat of the more active songs, and relaxed with the softer ones. I hope that helps and good luck to you man!

My friend called me a few minutes ago about this paper too, you woudln't happen to be a korean girl would you? Cause that would be really wierd .

And yeah, i'm mixing this awsomely relaxing Steven Cravis with my favorite uplifiting power metal and its really doing wonders, i'm almost done with page 3!

(You can see this paper is affecting me, i'm typing in complete sentances with correct punctuation and proper spelling.)
Quote by Dance_of_Death
My friend called me a few minutes ago about this paper too, you woudln't happen to be a korean girl would you? Cause that would be really wierd .

And yeah, i'm mixing this awsomely relaxing Steven Cravis with my favorite uplifiting power metal and its really doing wonders, i'm almost done with page 3!

(You can see this paper is affecting me, i'm typing in complete sentances with correct punctuation and proper spelling.)

OH MY GOD!!! I AM A KOREAN GIRL! you found me, LOLLLL!!!, nah just kidding! that was funny though, that would be pretty weird.

Also, you might prefer to listen to instrumental songs more that anything as it allows you to concentrate on your writing a lot more.

And yeah, you don't usually find good writing and spelling on The Pit, but I always write the right way no matter what, which makes it obvious that you won't usually find me in The Pit.
Quote by Dance_of_Death

lol
Spirits in the Night by Bruce Springsteen is probably one of the most calming pieces of music I know
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by TrasherFromHell
OH MY GOD!!! I AM A KOREAN GIRL! you found me, LOLLLL!!!, nah just kidding! that was funny though, that would be pretty weird.

Also, you might prefer to listen to instrumental songs more that anything as it allows you to concentrate on your writing a lot more.

And yeah, you don't usually find good writing and spelling on The Pit, but I always write the right way no matter what, which makes it obvious that you won't usually find me in The Pit.

Yah it would have been

I need more instrumentals, the high woman-like singing of the power metal bands i listen to does distract me quite a bit.

I try to too but you should see my spelling nomally, it's atrocious.
The 2 albums I listen to to relax are:
Jason Becker - Perspective
Marty Friedman - Scenes
Page 1 of 3