Ive only been playing for a couple of months and only been practicing really reguraly for maybe two. Does anyone have any suggestions of music I should challenge my self to play to get better
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
Rush and Led Zeppelin? Pretty easy stuff in there, I guess.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Frick, after only a couple months, you wont be able to play rush and led zeppelin.

Try easier stuff, i dont know really, the beatles? Get a book on how to learn, they often have good songs tailored to the skills of younger players.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
^
Lemme rephrase that, early Led Zeppelin and Rush without the solos. Songs like Rock and Roll and The Ocean, not really that difficult rhymically. They weren't for me, atleast. Black Sabbath was also a favorite when I was starting out. It all depends on how much you work at it.

But, threadstarter, don't just play something at speed when you learn it. Practice it at a tempo where you can play it clean, and the speed will come. Noone got fast in one night, and you have to be patient with the instrument. But if you are, you will one day just wake up and go, "Holy crap I've made progress!" and think that you're a God at the instrument
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
I say try to learn songs that you like... It's supposed to be fun... If a song is too hard for you keep practicing... you'll eventually get it. I know that if I try to learn a song that is easy and I don't like it... it's almost like I didn't learn anything at all.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
This belongs in the 'Guitar and Bass Basics' forum. Read their rules and FAQs first.

reported

I reported the thread so a mod can come and close or move it. You won't get a warning, and now you know the correct place to post and get better help
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
This belongs in the 'Guitar and Bass Basics' forum. Read their rules and FAQs first.

Yep, there's a thread there for this sort of thing.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out