Page 1 of 28
I've noticed that on UG, due to the lack of girls, users feel the need to give any female using the site excessive praise. Decent-looking girls are flattered to no end, girls with mediocre taste and insight are lauded for their posts, and profile views are soaring for any moderately regular poster.
Some of the girls end up thriving on the attention, trying to find opportunities to snag a few more guys on their lists and to flirt with, while others refrain, making profiles private or avoiding picture postage.

So, discuss.
Do you admit to treating girl users with special attention? Trying to cop an e-score?
Or are they any other pit monkey.
Maybe you dont know that girls exist
Or maybe you are a girl and want to lash out, either at UG or at me for this thread.
Fire away.

EDIT:
No, this isnt a revolutionary thread I'm not trying to change anything nor am I that bothered by it, lol. Just here for discussion.
=]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Apr 11, 2008,
i agree with you about most of this
i've had people not believe i was a girl because i post in the pit
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Yep. I noticed that any female UGer gets almost 2000 profile views per month.

Also, girls are rare on teh interwebz.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Its the Internet, chances of ever seeing one of the girls is like a fat kid not eating cake

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
I will admit I look at the girl UG'ers different.
because lets face it.
Women have lives, where as men do not.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
people are people, especially on the internet.

it's weird how many people will hang onto the belief that they've got a chance with a girl 2,000 miles away just because they like 3 of the same bands.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by GizmoKaKa
because lets face it.

excellent point
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
ack, I forgot to put something about the 'no girls in the pit' posts
you are SO COOL.
-_-
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

*+1000 profile views*

EDIT: I personally don't care about trying to "e-score," as they call it, but I am more polite when talking to girls. Also have to consider that there are way more guys on the internet than girls.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Feb 25, 2008,
To the best of my knowledge I've never treated any female users differently than the males when they've said something stupid. I am maybe a little more polite when it comes to first posts though.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by vintage x metal
ack, I forgot to put something about the 'no girls in the pit' posts
you are SO COOL.
-_-

had to be done. the pit is always on top of peoples mistakes
I'm more inclined to look at female profiles but that's about it. I don't try to 'cop an e-score' cause that seems ridiculously pointless :/
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Yeah, it's way over the top. Certain people on here get way too much attention simply because they're girls.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Girls don't exist on the internet
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Brandon860
To the best of my knowledge I've never treated any female users differently than the males when they've said something stupid. I am maybe a little more polite when it comes to first posts though.

no doubt stupidty is one thing we can forget our differences and all hate equally
I think that girls should be giving a little bit of a praise wether in real life or internets.

But most of them are bitches anyways. hahaha

jk
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
You're all so pretty

e-handjob?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't see what the big deal is, can't they just perv around on myspace or something like that..?

Anyway, that SomeoneYouKnew guy is creepy...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I see that you are one of those who "refrains, making profiles private or avoiding picture postage."

are you upset that "Decent-looking girls are flattered to no end, girls with mediocre taste and insight are lauded for their posts, and profile views are soaring for any moderately regular poster." Or perhaps jealous?... well maybe not jealous, that doesn't make sense.
but upset are you?

and I'm gonna be honest with you here, the majority of the people in the pit do not have lives. ergo, they tend to be slightly desperate. I don't know if you noticed the hot girls pic thread? Yeah....
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Surprisingly no. I'm not nearly as much of a horndog in real life or on the interbutts as I am in my head.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by AntiSanta
no doubt stupidty is one thing we can forget our differences and all hate equally

Exactly, I wish we could just send them to like...special camps or something. You know, waste oxygen elsewhere.

...this seems familiar somehow.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by AmonMortem
This is the Internet. Men are men, and girls are FBI agents in disguise.

no no no no.

men are men

women are men

young girls are FBI agents.
Wow, this thread is growing fast.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I'm a girl, and have never been treated differently than a guy on here.

However, since it isn't readily obvious that I'm a girl by just reading something I post, they assume I'm a dude. So for the eternal record of The Pit...I am not a guy.
Quote by myself101
I don't see what the big deal is, can't they just perv around on myspace or something like that..?

Anyway, that SomeoneYouKnew guy is creepy...

god. he calls EVERY girl by their first name.
Quote by AmonMortem
This is the Internet. Men are men, and girls are FBI agents in disguise.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by GizmoKaKa
because lets face it.

yea thats about right,we have no lives all we think about here on UG is guitars,sex and guitars held by sexy girls and possibly booze
Lol I dont really notice it, but thats prolly because I dont advertise my gender like most of the girls on here..and I dont have a pic posted of me in my profile. (doesnt help I dont HAVE one of me on my comp..but even if I DID I doubt Id have it on UG of all websites)
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by algemar
I see that you are one of those who "refrains, making profiles private or avoiding picture postage."

are you upset that "Decent-looking girls are flattered to no end, girls with mediocre taste and insight are lauded for their posts, and profile views are soaring for any moderately regular poster." Or perhaps jealous?... well maybe not jealous, that doesn't make sense.
but upset are you?

and I'm gonna be honest with you here, the majority of the people in the pit do not have lives. ergo, they tend to be slightly desperate. I don't know if you noticed the hot girls pic thread? Yeah....

Not at all, it's just amusing to watch
Guys who wouldnt take a second look at a certain girl offline begin to flirt with them online. And a lot of girls are famous on here for no real reason.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by ikarian-pride
yea thats about right,we have no lives all we think about here on UG is guitars,sex and guitars held by sexy girls and possibly booze

possibly explaning this threads immediate popularity
I notice that all the girls have about 5000 friends so I decide not to play "see if i can win her affection...over the internet!"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
girls are not rare on the web so much as they go to diffrent websites that dont have a geeky obsession, not saying guitars are for geeks but diffrent stuff but im sure that some of you like me play to the point it does make you a geek. So i suppose some of those people who live off of wow and other stuff are amazed to find girls who will talk to them.
Ill never have a chance with a girl that lives 20 million miles from me, so whats the point? I really see the internet as a genderless thing unless its a forum where theres a bunch of local people.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have