im making this thread b/c my other one got ignored and i want to hear opinions on the randall MTS. i have yet to see one in any store or any randalls other than some solid state trash. so basically i havent tested it -_-. i wish i could find one. any ideas for one in southern california?

ANYWAYS!!!

i want to know if the MTS series is as good as they advertise. as in great cleans (with the right module) and great metal dist. i read here in the forums that it sounds fuzzy/muddy and the cleans are only "OK".

i need a tight punchy dist, warm lead tones and a great cleans would be nice but not totally my goal. i play metal of all kinds. from iron maiden to cannibal corpse.

o and since the tone is coming mostly from the preamp, would this mean that the 50 watt head is plenty for metal tones when generally 50 watts sucks for metal (i.e. engl screamer. great cleans and strumming dist.....terrible metal tone IMO)
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
nope sorry. haven't seen any.

you know what I love, spanish guitars.
those guitars are pretty hott!!
god if I could only get my hands on one of them...
"Its not rape if you like it."
"You have to go..." Reply: "Yess... [gaspy voice] I know..."

Te hee
wow lmfao. that was so helpful >_>.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
aww man....being neglected again -_-. i hope the sam ash in hollywood has this head >_>.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
mts FTW!!! these amps do awesome at replicating the tone of whatever amp the module is based on.

it's pretty much REAL modeling technology, ALL tube. the sound is pure sex!!! practically matching up ur favorite clean amp w/ favorite distortion amp (plus more for changing them out occasionally or if u have enuff cash to get a 3 module one!!). this seems to be the last amp i'll ever want for a while. once i get a hold of a marshall module i wont care too much for a JCM i hope!

tho i use the Recto module for my distortion channel and w/ the gain knob going from right to left (while EQing the preamp of course) it will handle AC/DC crunch, hard rock, 80s hair metal, RATM tone, metal, and all that good stuff!! pair that w/ a tubescreamer of some sort ( use a Bad Monkey ) and you've got urself a pretty versatile rig!

these amps are worth the money every cent!

tho i got mine for slightly over half the sale price....BRAND NEW!!
RM50 + 2 modules = $1400.
amp housing was on sale for $500 and i haggled and got one module for free! so w/ the tax an all it came out to $750 for my RM50!!

it's like a dream come true! lol....
stop reading this and go look up more on the series!! theyre comin out w/ a new line of modules i hear, there's a MTS forum where you can ask vets of this series about them. i get stoked talkin bout these amps in case u couldn't tell.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
wow sounds great, i wish i knew where to test one but ill check out those forums for sure.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
the most popular clean module at the moment is the Deluxe which is based off a fender amp go figure. i myself use the "clean" one which is great for a standard clean tone if you're not set on having fendery cleans. it was the only clean module they had in the store so i couldn't try any others out. tho if you add reverb or chorus to it, the clean will prolly sound nice enough for those who are strictly clean enthusiasts. turn up the gain and you can get some punchy fat clean blues.

the modern module had a ton of gain and seemed great for metal and hard rock and classic rock. but the gain was a lil more....untamed?....than the recto.

you REALLY need to try out the modules so you don't get one that isn't exactly ur style.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
wow im reading thru the randall forum and its so advanced i hardly understand any of it. so much technical lingo! i dont know what to think. its all so confusing. i dont think i want to get involved in that -_-. i mean a mesa boogie is already confusing enough for me.

.....how about some tone samples anyone? >_> *headache*
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I tried one with the tweed, blackface, and plexi models. The blackface lacked the warmth of the twin it tries to replicate, so the cleans were nothing special. The tweed was decent, it sounded fairly close to a bassman to me. The plexi was a little farther from the real thing but it sounded good, so I suppose it's that's ok. It had more gain and less treble than the real thing.
You mentioned muddiness; I did notice this when playing it. I think you could dial it out with a different set of speakers and some careful EQing, but it's disappointing to have to do that with an amp right off the bat. I'd give it a 4/10 for cleans, 7/10 for light crunch, and 6/10 for heavier OD. That would probably change with different modules, but it's a start.
here's all you need to know:

i myself am not a technical person when it comes to amps!! and i know how they work

depending on which wattage model u get (20, 50, 100) depends on how many channel slots you get in the amp.

the 20 watt has one channel. so you can only use one "module"
the 50 watt has two channels, so it works like a typical "clean and distortion" style amp, it has TWO slots for two different modules. tho keep in mind they BOTH can be CLEAN amp modules if u want!!
the 100 watt has three channels, so you can get even more versatility by combining three different modules!

so pretty much each channel is one module (or one amp model if you will). it's really not as crazy technical as you think. all you do is unscrew the screws on each side of the face plate and pop out the module and switch it w/ another one.

moduel= the amp module casing and it's EQ (Gain, Bass, Mids, Treble, Volume and bright switch)

this shows where and how the modules slide in and out of the slots:

http://proaudiomusic.com/images/rm50.jpg

see that's not a hard concept!!
you'd be dumb to give up on these amps!
if i could get it...anyone could
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
o man the versatility is too much for me. im getting dizzy thinking of the options. i hate having too many options. maybe i should look away -_-. alls i needs is a good clean.......and a good dist for my tastes and everything in between. i dont need every amp ever made attempting to shove it in one amp. thats a road king lol.

idk tho.

EDIT: i get all that. its the tube changing, module sounds, the tons of options, and all that tone freak stuff i hate where people are so anal about their tone. i just need to find a place to test one >_>.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
They are made of win in it's purest form. I'm buying the rm100m with the blackface recto and ultra xl modules.