What's the affect of having different types of strings? I never really took the time to find out.

Examples:
Stainless Steel
Nickel
Nickelwound

etc....
Heres what I know.
The different types of strings produces a different sound. Like if you get maple strings, their obscenely nice and like your fingers feel amazing. they just sort of glide. For the others I really don't know, but the more expensive they are the better. - lol like all other stuff.
"Its not rape if you like it."
"You have to go..." Reply: "Yess... [gaspy voice] I know..."

Te hee
nickel wound or pure nickel wrap strings are going to have a warmer, less edgy sound to them as nickel is not as magnetically active as steel. Strings with the stainless steel wrap are going to sound brighter and have marginally more output. They'll probably also last longer before they sound dead. I should point out, none of this is scientifically proven, just my own observations in using the same gauge strings of different materials. The cores are typically not going to change much as they need to be magnetically active enough to send signal through the pickups.
Quote by deibanez
Heres what I know.
The different types of strings produces a different sound. Like if you get maple strings, their obscenely nice and like your fingers feel amazing. they just sort of glide. For the others I really don't know, but the more expensive they are the better. - lol like all other stuff.

you realize that maple is a type of wood...not METAL strings.
right?
Unless im missing out on some amazing string breakthrough or something?
Like maple syrup coated strings?!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by deibanez
Heres what I know.
The different types of strings produces a different sound. Like if you get maple strings...

lol wut?

Steel lasts longer and sounds brighter, but they also wear down your frets faster.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.