ok ive been playing guitar for about 8 months now
and i haaaaate my guitar, mainly the neck.
so today i was at the pawn shop and i saw an LTD MH 400
now i have no idea what any of the specs are on the guitar except for the fact
that i recognized the body shape was an MH 400 the people there had no idea whatsoever and just said "i dunno i just sell them " it also had Seymour Duncan pickups. it was priced at $279.00 and looked like it was in very good shape.
now i realize a guitar for 279.00 is gonna play like a guitar for 279.00 but i really liked the way the neck felt when i played it today and i think if i were to buy a new guitar it would encourage me to play more then i already do.
anyway does this seem to be a decent deal? i dont want to get hosed. I have no idea how good Duncan Seymour pickups are, or how durable ESP guitars are. so any help would be appreciated

cheers
Last edited by TJelias2007 at Feb 25, 2008,
first of all, it has to be an LTD (ESP's cheaper brand) or else something is very wrong with it. That said, LTD's are usually nice guitars, especially for metal/heavy stuff. Seymour Duncan (not the other way around) are really nice pickups, but it also depends on what kind they are. Since its used and at a pawn shop you should be wary about its condition, ask them if they'll let you try it out first otherwise I would pass on by.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
If its not damaged and still plays its way worth it, they retail for about $650
Quote by Themann810
whenever im about to bang a chick she turns into a guy WTF why does this happen
ah yeah it is LTD
so basically LTD is the epiphone of ESP
yeah i'd definetly try it out before i bought it
so since its an LTD not an ESP is it still worth it?
Looks like a good deal to me. The pawn shop closest to me was trying to sell an LTD MH50 for that price.
yes, provided its not beat up really bad, absolutely.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
That is a really awesome deal, if its in good condition get it, you will probably regret not getting it later. All ltds of 400 series and above are awesome.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
good to hear, i actually just went down there to buy a new needle for my record player
and just started playing it while i was waiting for the employee. im glad i did.