Okay, I own a semi-hollow Ibanez, and I love it (see my sig). So, that being said, I use it to play more than rockabilly/jazz, I tend to try and play things that require gain. Whenever I put on gain/too much reverb, or (this may be fairly unique to my amp, I don't know) Mid Boost, it gives a massive hum/feedback. I know this can be combatted by stuffing it, but my (2-part) question is what kinds of material should I stuff it with (and how much I should put it), and how much will this affect the tone?

A more expensive alternative is to just save up for another semi-hollow that can handle the stuff I play (think newer Queens of the Stone Age/psychobilly semi-hollow work). I know about the Troy Van Leeuwen Yamaha, but it's too pricey ($1,000).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
i have that same exact guitar pretty much. ive never had a feedback problem with it though. wish i could help.
I don't know about the whole stuffing thing, but the guitar you own is actually a full-hollow which is why it feeds back so much. An Ibanez semi-hollow (decent ones aren't actually that expensive) don't tend to have feed back issues unless you try and do metal with them, which probably isn't very surprising...
That's right, it is full. Damn it lol. Yeah, if I leave a string open for a few seconds it starts. It's cool as long as I mute the strings or keep playing. Leads are tough though, as you could imagine. If I'm far enough away it doesn't give feedback, say like 15-20 feet. When I practice with my "band" (We are sooooo disorganized and they only want to play covers...) We're in this little soundproofed-ish cubby in our drummer's garage that is like 6' x 10', so I'm screwed unless I want to go clean.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
what you could do is get pieces of foam cut to fit the f-holes, and just stick those in. should greatly cut down on the feedback.

If not, I dunno, just use a shirt or towel or something.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
what you could do is get pieces of foam cut to fit the f-holes, and just stick those in. should greatly cut down on the feedback.

By that do you mean small chunks of foam to fit in them and stuff it like a gumball machine? Wow, I just thought of packing peanuts, but they carry static...

And I have a load of socks I don't like, could those work? And is the tone affected a whole lot? I don't want to have to dig in my Ibanez with tweezers to get crap out of it.
Quote by Pauldapro