Page 1 of 2
here is the idea behind the custom i'm ordering from ESP when i save up enough but it'll cost me +15000 cuz its custom shape(probally much higher cuz thats min price). but here are the two guitars it's based off of:

the paint scheme and the styling of body ie the jaggedness

for the colors, the neck shape, overall shape

The body is mahogany the neck is neck thru Maple with ebony fret board
The pickups will be Bareknuckle B:Nailbombs M:Warpigs N:Painkillers
the head stock will be essentially two jackson headstocks made into a lightning bolt shape
It will have a MM-04 gain booster (alexi's gain booster) then a emg AB as well
on the back there will be a 5 frequency active +-20db active eq
EDIT: forgot individual on off toggle switches for each pickup

tell me what you think of the idea. Don't forget to submit your own custom guitars or ideas
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Feb 26, 2008,
by the way all the paint is satin IOTW its all smooth as a babies bottom
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
did u just say it will cost more than $15,000 (that being minimum) for the guitar you want?

to me, thats just INSANE
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
thats custom shapes for you
but the other customs by ESP start at 5500
-George Will

that is just a ridiculous amount of money, for a guitar thats gonna sound the same (or even worst) than a guitar that's way less than half the price, but just has a particular look to it.
hey people put lots of money in being different

on a sidenote what about the millions of people who pay millions for a painting that just sits in their house

at least mine will be good for something other than looking great
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
hey people put lots of money in being different

on a sidenote what about the millions of people who pay millions for a painting that just sits in their house

at least mine will be good for something other than looking great

sorry if it sounded like i was saying you're making the wrong choice or something. it's your money, and you obviously get to do whatever with it, but i'm saying for that kind of money, you could not only get a top notch guitar, but a very good amp to go with it.
so ya. sorry if it sounded like i was putting you down or anything, but i just thought id give you my two cents lol..
no thx for your input i love criticism but i love debate more
-George Will

With a 15k budget I'm sure he's got some ungodly monster of an amp already.

Oxymoron, you seem to already have a pretty strong grasp on what you want. All I can recommend is perhaps a switch similar to David Gilmour which allows bridge+neck and all 3 pickups at once.
i generally steal my friends amps cuz he is running out of room in his house with all his guitars, drum kits amps and other things as well so right now i'm using his Diezel Herbert but i use his Marshall JVM and occasionally this custom amp(no idea on brand) that has all tubes but has a clean sound that mixes perfectly with the distortion on a split sound
-George Will

Quote by Necronomicon
15k IS insane. i dont think i'll ever spend that much on one guitar in my life.

I've seen guitars made by real luthiers run for +100,00 and they're not even vintage guitars
-George Will

does anyone want to share their custom guitar ideas
-George Will

$1500? Sure, I'll buy that. $15,000? Are you off your meds?!!
You can get a custom-shop BC Rich Ironbird with all of the options that you list for less than a third of that! With a decent-looking finish, too!
15k is a lot of money to have ESP on the headstock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
-_- why not get a smaller luthier to make one for you at a tiny fraction of the price? once it's custom it's hardly esp any more
Just go to a smaller luthier and get that guitar for a tenth of the ESP-price
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
If that is what you want, great, I am sure it will be an incredible guitar. But I agree with Dave, $15,000 does not = any ESP. They make some great guitars but for $15K it better do a lot more than look cool.
yeah i mean you could probably get a pre-CBS strat/tele for that. and that'd be an investment.

i agree with the small luthier suggestion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But who can i trust with my baby
-George Will

lol big company with probably a million other things to do vs small luthier working on a few projects

honestly.

would you put your hypothetical child in a hypothetical 100000000 child daycare?
i have a 'white guitar'
touche
but who do you recommend pref in atlanta, ga area but i can deal with other places
-George Will

If you're willing to spend $15k, you have reason to shop around first.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I would not get that guitar, if I was you. If somebody gave it to me for free, I would sell it to someone like you, and buy a **** ton of awesome gear and sound way better than you will with that thing. IMO that guitar would not even be worth having.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything dude, but that is just a waste of money. Yeah you will have an individual guitar and all that, but from the looks of your other thread you will just being playing either alone in your bedroom or with a couple friends for quite a while. Wouldn't it just be best to wait till the future, when you start gigging? You said you expect to be good enough in 2 years, but to get shows, you have to also find other people with the skill/dedication/time and good chemistry with you to get a good band going(which is not easy) and even from that point it will be years before you start playing out-of-town shows(if you ever). So my point is you won't be impressing many people with that guitar for quite some time.

Noticed your live in marrietta. I live in Gainesville. Now I'll attempt to become friends with you, find out where you live and steal your precious!(jokes)
thats why i'm waiting for two or three years before i order it. this thread was originally for sharing your own custom ideas and discuss everyones particular guitar designs
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
millions of people who pay millions for a painting

They really don't. No, really. Not everybody is rich. Not everybody can afford to burn money. Go help a homeless person or an addict. Or buy a decent guitar. Your "custom" design is ƒucking ugly, just like any other razorback
EDIT: Never mind. The guitar you want to design is ugly and incredibly overpriced.

You're trying to buy uniqueness, and that is just oh, so lame, especially given the hard core genre you seem to like.

Anyways... I didn't see this topic as an invitation to discuss OUR custom ideas, I saw it as a way to show off your "awesome" design. Once people starting calling it ridiculous you back tracked to the "real message of the thread"...

If you want to be unique go buy a Trainwreck amp or a Dumble or something. Or a Mesa/Marshall/custom stack. Get a top-of-the-line custom amp that will make even the most worthless piece of driftwood sound like a JEM. I think then you wouldn't be getting quite as screwed.

I hate to say it, but it's discussions like this one that make me so angry about supply-side economics...
Last edited by bullets34 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by bullets34
You really believe you can't get some shop like SIMS to make the body for you? ESP just isn't worth it no matter HOW much they're hyping you on this.

Custom bodies don't cost $15k. You are getting so screwed if you pay that much...

The EQ, AB, and gain booster are all cool ideas but you should really consider their placement so they are player-friendly, can be bypassed, and accessible.

Other ideas: Phase/Series/Parallel/Split wiring. While you're at it making the best guitar money can buy you should get all the options you can.

Piezo pup.

Blender pots (to mix pups together/different coils/piezo/etc)

Also, what bridge are you going for? If you want a floyd-type go with an Ibanez Edge Pro/Lo-Pro. IMO they just look better than OFR's and stay in tune a bit better. The bar also clips in which is nice. Of course, you could also by a titanium floyd rose for an additional few grand, since you seem to equate cost with quality no matter how extreme...

1.Thx for constructive crit.
2.floyd rose pro
3.decided to look at luthiers so i don't have to pay for esp name got any suggestions
i submitted a quote to ran guitars but i am looking for any suggestions
4.looks are all down to preference
5.the pickups will be in parallel but i don't know about adding another bypass switch it is starting to get a little full of knobs
6. i kinda want to make the neck pickup a very clean pickup for solos and intros and other things like that what do you think?
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
1.Thx for constructive crit.
2.floyd rose pro
3.decided to look at luthiers so i don't have to pay for esp name got any suggestions
i submitted a quote to ran guitars but i am looking for any suggestions
4.looks are all down to preference
5.the pickups will be in parallel but i don't know about adding another bypass switch it is starting to get a little full of knobs
6. i kinda want to make the neck pickup a very clean pickup for solos and intros and other things like that what do you think?

you're a tool.....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Phew, sorry I kinda overreacted on that last edit. I honestly felt a bit jealous that you actually have $15k to spend on a guitar...

Anyways, the Floyd Pro is a good choice. As for knobs, go with rotary switches or push/push, push/pull pots. there are a lot of inventive switching ideas out there (the new Gibson Page Les Paul has a 3 way switch with 2 side slots or something.

I think by a clean neck pickup you mean a really clear and liquid-sounding pickup for things like sweep picking, right? There's a lot out there. If you have the money for bare-knuckles they seem to be better than everything else (Harmony reviews are basically all positive).

A much more important part of your sound will be the amp and effects. Get a sickeningly good amp for $5k, spend $5k on your custom guitar, and then buy an original Whammy, some different types of delays (digital/tape/analogue), some fuzzes, a POG, etc.

Hmm... now that I think about it... why not build a custom amp that incorporated a bunch of those functions? That'd be siiiiicccckkk. You could give it an awesome appearance to... Couple that with a bad ass guitar and you have yourself a cool rig (albeit, still a purchased level of coolness).
can you suggest a good luthier for me to choose from so i can get a quality guitar
i am currently using my friends diezel herbert been meaning to buy one just haven't yet but if you have a better suggestion i'm open to it
-George Will

>>>The body is mahogany the neck is neck thru Maple with ebony fret board
The pickups will be Bareknuckle B:Nailbombs M:Warpigs N:Painkillers
the head stock will be essentially two jackson headstocks made into a lightning bolt shape
It will have a MM-04 gain booster (alexi's gain booster) then a emg AB as well
on the back there will be a 5 frequency active +-20db active eq
EDIT: forgot individual on off toggle switches for each pickup

Hello, try to be wary about adding too many options to the guitar. Although the pickups are excellent (I play a few different BKP's) the above are perhaps too similar in sound to be worth having them all. If you get into guitars you will no doubt buy more, and so consider making the guitar functional but avoid going OTT on all the non-essentials (boosters/AB/EQ).

More important would be the feel of the neck. Try playing various different ESP necks and decide which one feels the most comfortable to you (if you choose to go the ESP way). Also consider whether you will want the back of the neck painted, satin or just oiled; it can make a real difference to the feel. The sound you will always be able to play with or change pickups, I would highly recommend deciding first what type of neck you enjoy playing and perhaps play a similar guitar shape standing up to feel the weight distribution.

Some guitars you may not enjoy the balance standing up/sitting down.
As for the cost, if money is irrelevant then I don't really see the point to flame him. Just make sure you get exactly what you want as you will be hiring some of the best elec guitar luthiers in Japan. Remember that they have a track record of producing excellent custom shop models, not all luthiers can make as beautiful guitars to their Angel/Samurai/Shingami/Snake ones.

Regards,
Xeperset
dude...kids in african countries are fvcking dying from starvation, with a daily spending of less than 5 dollars, and here you are buying a fvcking 15000 guitar, and u've only been playing for four months and can't even play requiem by lambofgod and are only in high skool and most probably using ur parents' money? if i were ur parents, i would kill myself, u rich snob...
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by RockDJ

$3k and looks better than your 'custom' concept.

/thread

I did a double-take when I saw that one! Man, looks like a Flying V and a SG had sex and that's the offspring! I dunno what to think any more!

On a side note, JESUS CHRIST! $15k???? Only Americans could possibly spend that much money on guitars, really. And even then, yeesh. Dude, the others are exactly right. There are soooo many off-the-shelf guitars that would suit your needs for 1/10 that price. That gives you plenty of money to jazz them up - new pickups, Floyd Rose (and please, FR Pro? Man, OFR all the way), custom paintjob. TS, this entire thread is laughable, mostly at your expense. You've put up a ridiculous idea that is essentially trying to make you seem cool by proposing to spend this much. In fact, you just got pwned on a massive scale. If anything, save said cash, get better, then when you can shred to the point where time and space collide, go to a shop and try out some nice pre-built instruments. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Personally, I've been playing a year and month, 8 months of which on electric. I didn't even consider getting new gear til about December (for xmas). Then I spent a respectable amount, about $600, and got a sweet Ibanez straight off the shelf.
The point is, before this, I wanted a custom guitar - a heavily-modified Fender Strat. My Ibanez S470 worked out to be everything I wanted in the custom and better - the thin body was never in my ideas. Seriously, don't go wasting your money, even if you are planning years ahead.

Rob J

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Last edited by quantum leap at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
*sings* one of these threads is not like the other threads...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788339

dang.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2