Can somebody please tel me what "/thread" means? Ive seen people use it in posts and i dont know what it means.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
When someone says /thread, he means that his post or the referred post sums up the "correct" answer or response to the starting post, thus no more replies are needed. More times than not, idiots says /thread thinking that their worthless opinions can accurately sum up the best response to a thread.

It's derived from the forum codings. For example, when you quote someone, you start with and ends with ['/quote]. When you want to boldface a word, you start with and end with ['/b].

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
/thread means "end thread" in terms of html.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
it means you have your answer and nothing else needs to be said

kinda something like this

n00b

/thread

Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592

I think you could've easily gotten away with a /thread after that post.

True...

But I refrain from using forum lingos.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
<.<

>.>

<.<

/thread
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Spydr

Correct.
Quote by Spydr

Well, that is a bit wrong, partially. If that was the case the TS should write <thread> while the final poster should type </thread>. While each and every one have to start their post with <font color="*INSERT COLOR CODE*"> and end it with </font>.
They would also have to make a submit button, which would result in that the would have to add another string of code both in front, and in the end of the actual message. Oh, joy that we don't have to type every single PHP, MySQL and HTML command by ourselves... (Yes, I know how to create this shit from scratch)

EDIT:
Well, the TS wouldn't have to type that, and the last is mostly just bull****, but I actually do know how to create this ****.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Sheepdragon
Well, that is a bit wrong, partially. If that was the case the TS should write <thread> while the final poster should type </thread>. While each and every one have to start their post with <font color="*INSERT COLOR CODE*"> and end it with </font>.
They would also have to make a submit button, which would result in that the would have to add another string of code both in front, and in the end of the actual message. Oh, joy that we don't have to type every single PHP, MySQL and HTML command by ourselves... (Yes, I know how to create this shit from scratch)

EDIT:
Well, the TS wouldn't have to type that, and the last is mostly just bull****, but I actually do know how to create this ****.

I always just thought that the < and > were taken out to shorten the /word word.