So, I want a new amp and I saw this one on a used stuff site (Similar to ebay, but dutch). But, is it any good? It comes with a London City 2 x 15 inch cabinet.

I play Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and some Glam Metal.
(Iron Maiden, Metallica, Kiss, Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses).
So I like playing with a lot of gain, and clean doesn't interest me much.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
The amp is pretty good if its the one i'm thinking of, but the cab ive never heard of.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
The amp is pretty good if its the one i'm thinking of, but the cab ive never heard of.

Ok thanks for your response.
Also, would I be better of buying a tube amp? Because looking around here everybody seems to think a tube amp is better, but do tube amps have as much/as good gain?
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Quote by pinguinpanic
Ok thanks for your response.
Also, would I be better of buying a tube amp? Because looking around here everybody seems to think a tube amp is better, but do tube amps have as much/as good gain?

Valve amps can have as much gain if not more depending on the model. The Randall isn't a bad amplifier though. The one in question is a G2 series amp. It's the predecessor of the current G3 line amplifiers. They sound great and there's nothing wrong with them. If you like them, more power to you!

Rock on and get'cha pull bud!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Valve amps can have as much gain if not more depending on the model. The Randall isn't a bad amplifier though. The one in question is a G2 series amp. It's the predecessor of the current G3 line amplifiers. They sound great and there's nothing wrong with them. If you like them, more power to you!

Rock on and get'cha pull bud!

Ok, thanks for your comment. So I think I'm going to buy it then
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4