Poll: H shift, sequential or automatic transmission?
Poll Options
View poll results: H shift, sequential or automatic transmission?
H shift
15 56%
sequential
3 11%
automatic
7 26%
Other
2 7%
Voters: 27.
what do you like? for me its good old H shift
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
3 on the tree!!!

not really though, those are a pain in the ass to drive. My buddy had one in his '59 Biscayne. I vote H shift.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
H, though I don't mind weird stuff like the old beetles. Gives character.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
H, though I don't mind weird stuff like the old beetles. Gives character.

i know someone who put the engine of a Renault 5 Turbo into a Renault 4

the shifter in those comes out of the console, the go into 5th gear you would flip the thing over
i know someone who put the engine of a Renault 5 Turbo into a Renault 4

the shifter in those comes out of the console, the go into 5th gear you would flip the thing over

huh?
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
huh?

I cant find a pic

"Another detail which made the Renault 4 different from other cars was the gear lever, which was on the dashboard. This was an effective means of creating a flat floor, using a simple design borrowed from the 2CV. It passed over the longitudinal engine and clutch to the gearbox at the front. Though unconventional and criticised by conservative motoring journalists, the dash-mounted gear lever was easy to use and left more interior space free."
i have an old EK holden that has a 3 on the tree stick shift... brilliant peice of machinery.. but sadely im selling because it costs to much to keep on the road and a collecter has offerd some $ encouragment
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
ah, found a diagram...that's very strange. You mean to say you had to turn it clockwise/cc to shift to 5th?

I've seen some weird things as well. In the old beetles (4 speed), reverse was in the same position as 4th. To shift to it, you had to push straight down on the top of the shifter as you shifted.

Also, we had a carbed(no ecu) jeep with a bad tranny, so my dad pulled one out of a jeep commanche. Problem was, it was a computer-controlled transmission...so my dad made a shift kit out of several servo motors and some switches. Same thing as a manual valve body, but he did it electronically. Pic of the console. Note the handmade shifter.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 26, 2008,
Good old H shift you can't go rong. But i still think that 3 on the tree is brilliant i rekon they shud bring it bak (not really) but get ride of sequential i think you shud make up ur mind n go one way or the other not sit inbetween like a boffin
i doubt anyone here owns a sequential shifting car.

H is classic.
Quote by Mutant Corn

I've seen some weird things as well. In the old beetles (4 speed), reverse was in the same position as 4th. To shift to it, you had to push straight down on the top of the shifter as you shifted.

not in all beetles, or at least not in any of mine 4speeds(one from a beetle and one from a pickup). love old beetles tough, pure awesomeness on wheels

i prefer H-shift
Danelectro '59 DC

Amplitube 3

Aaand my superlux headphones
I'm Steming Made. I Foned Teh Tramplr. I Wait At Mailcan, 2 Weeks, But Still No Hear.

I Toled Bobey Sue To Let Me Half Hambergr. No Time No Salt. I Wasted Life