At my school im being forced to help out at a dinner thingy and it sucks. I gotta play some mood music over dinner and stuff like that and I have no idea what I should play. It has to incorperate piano and bass. I'm only an intermediate guitarist and was hoping for something like Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson minus the ridiculous soloing or maybe some folksy Bob Dylan type chords with piano parts.. I've got till next wednesday. Help would be much appreciated.
Lost Without You - John Petrucci maybe...maybe too hard and too much solo :P probably too much solo
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Try something like 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle, simple, and beautiful.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Picture a horse. A dead horse. A dead horse being beaten up by a bunch of leprechauns. Leprechauns with clubs. This horse is my ego after hearing all these suggestions for an intermediate guitarist. Easier stuff anyone?

EDIT: that was directed at the petrucci suggestion.
Last edited by donkey the wise at Feb 26, 2008,
Quote by donkey the wise
Picture a horse. A dead horse. A dead horse being beaten up by a bunch of leprechauns. Leprechauns with clubs. This horse is my ego after hearing all these suggestions for an intermediate guitarist. Easier stuff anyone?

EDIT: that was directed at the petrucci suggestion.

Dude you don't have to play the song. Just steal some licks from the song. There's some nice licks just minus all the shreddy stuff.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by donkey the wise

3 Libras is easy.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Play some Joe Satriani:

Love Song,
Surfing with the Alien,
Say Goodbye,
Always with me, Always with you.
etc.
Joe Satriani - Starry Night, Friends, Sleepwalk

But yeah instrumentals of popular songs (Beatles, CCR, Bob Dylan, whatever comes to mind) would work perfectly. It's just mood music over dinner, man!