ok heres the gig im a bassist im 100% self taught BUT i know enough theory to get me by and i have the resources to teach 9-12 yr olds as well as a father who majored in music and musical history and a music teacher+arts department head off who want me to do it.............. plus i will learn some invaluable lessons

any tips for tutoring kids this age

apart from not using tabs (which i wont)

have a good one guys and thanks in advanced
I am me. Live with it.
Maybe use books. Simpler, then you dont have to make lessons up. I wish I originally did that. Also don't expect a consistent flow of money. There's always something that goes wrong in some way.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
The most important thing at the beginning is to maintain their interest levels. One way is by a blend of learning from books, and songs. Learning new stuff will improve self-confidence and learning songs with help keep learning relavant to them.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
The most important thing at the beginning is to maintain their interest levels. One way is by a blend of learning from books, and songs. Learning new stuff will improve self-confidence and learning songs with help keep learning relavant to them.

yes, I currently teach and the most important thing for the young kids is maintaining their interest in what you're doing. They have such short attention span you have to constantly keep engaging them.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2