Has motorsport lost its touch with all these new technological additions, ABS, TCS, Stablity Control, Sequential Shifting gearboxes.
Are Sequential shifts cheating in motorsport or are they the way of the future.
I personally think that sequential isn't true motor racing nor is some boffin sitting on his laptop in the garage pressing a few buttons ajusting breaking bias and roll bars and suspension. I think motor sport these days has become a complete joke bar V8 supercars. Although it is becoming a joke.
It never was a sport seeing as the bulk of the work is done by a machine even at it's most basic. I don't see how adding to that machine makes it any less of a sport than it already was.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
It's not a joke until you don't actually drive the car.

Also, it's not a joke until someone bastardizes racing into making constant left turns.

Oh, sh*t.

All the rest of the stuff (i.e. sequential shifting, etc) is just making a process easier, though probably unnecessarily.

Grayedit:
Quote by Rankles
It never was a sport seeing as the bulk of the work is done by a machine even at it's most basic. I don't see how adding to that machine makes it any less of a sport than it already was.

Actually, my fine administrative friend, a driver racing in a rather intense race goes through just as much physical duress than an athlete. Not exactly in all aspects, though there is still physical stress.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Feb 26, 2008,
V8 Supercar's also use sequential shift. Besides technology has always been at the forefront of motor racing.
"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
Quote by Lightscribe
V8 Supercar's also use sequential shift. Besides technology has always been at the forefront of motor racing.

This is also true. If we didn't move forward in car and racing design, we'd be stuck in roll-cageless unsafe steel coffins with everyday street tires.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Lightscribe

Are my good friend they dont all use them they have the opinion of using them.

It is also true that technology is at the fore front of motor racing but i dont think it shud come down to making it to easy for the driver. But they shud try and advance in engine size, power and what not also aerodymanics but not TCS and sequential shifts that make it easier for the dirver to controll the car.