Poll: Does your school have a uniform?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does your school have a uniform?
Yes
92 47%
No
66 34%
Working/college
38 19%
Voters: 196.
Page 1 of 2
I wonder if any of your school have uniforms like mine.It's not that bad though.
Im guessing pretty much all americans won't.IDK about the brits though.Most schools I know in Australia have uniforms though

EDIT:Also,try to describe yours if you do.
Mine is a shortsleeves light blue oxford shirt (all year round)
School tie (Navy with a sort of turquoise stripes on it)
Navy Pants with belt (all year round)
In winter,youve gotta wear a blazer

And for sport we have our house colour polo shirt with blue shorts.
You can wear a tracksuit as well
Last edited by timo1 at Feb 26, 2008,
in australia most schools do have uniforms n i tihnk they are pointless pieces of ****
well, I'm in college now, but I voted no, cause none of my schools ever had uniforms (it's very rare in Slovakia, we don't shoot each other much in class, so security is generally low)
hahaha he thought uniforms=police
yea we have the whole blazer thing going too
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
We don't have that here in sweden, but it would be awesome. I love uniforms. I also like greyscales alot and properly cut fingernails.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
every single school in Singapore has school uniforms. though its just collared shirt and pants. No blazer thing as its so damn hot.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I have uniforms at my school. Its not bad, stops a giant class gap being established between the haves and have not's. We dont need school to be more of an attempted fashion statment than it already is with the hair and shoes. Im fine with uniforms, my uniforms are rather comfortable and id probly wear something of a similar nature to school anyway.
i rekon uniforms are good in a way because you don't have to bother about choosing which clothes to wear and if your poor like me u won't get caught wearing the same shirt everyday
i wear a a green blazer/jacket thing (years 10, 11, 12 only, im yr 11) a tie, belt, shirt, long pants, brown shoes. and a broad brimmed hat... very attractive indeed...
Iwould go nuts if I'd had to wear the same damn thing every day.
I wear jeans and a black leater jacked and there's no way I would unwear them when I go out of my house
but luckly we do not have uniforms
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Yes, my school has a uniform. Sucks, but basically EVERY school in this part of Australia has one too.
I've got a couple female friends who went to a catholic high school. Yep, the classic catholic school girl uniform. Nice, very nice.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I've got a couple female friends who went to a catholic high school. Yep, the classic catholic school girl uniform. Nice, very nice.

I went to a catholic primary school.
All the f*cking catholic highschools here are all boys/girls
Gay.
Yes Im catholic
My school does, I don't really like it meh. I usually wear some sort of an under-shirt and never go without footy shorts/boxers under my school shorts, dacking is a common thing in my group lol. This is in Australia btw.
Quote by ricy_12
in australia most schools do have uniforms n i tihnk they are pointless pieces of ****

Quote by Kozlic
Iwould go nuts if I'd had to wear the same damn thing every day.
I wear jeans and a black leater jacked and there's no way I would unwear them when I go out of my house
but luckly we do not have uniforms

ITT:We unwear our clothes
im in australia, and we have really dodgy uniforms. the sport ones are like, polo shirts and really short skirts (NOT PRACTICAL!!) and the formal ones are like Maccas shirts. ew
My school had a uniform. Some teachers were moe into berating you for variation than others, but it wasn't exactly a flogging offense to wear trainers rather than shoes or whatever.
Also, I always thought it forces people to put a little more thought into self-expression, which IMO is a good thing.
Yeah,every school in Malaysia has a uniform.Really thin piece of cloth sometimes.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Nah, we get full on uniform detentions for jewellery, makeup, nail polish, wrong shoes anything. we cant even wear shorts under our skirts.
Quote by Thea.<3
Nah, we get full on uniform detentions for jewellery, makeup, nail polish, wrong shoes anything. we cant even wear shorts under our skirts.

Girls have to go commando at your school? That rules.
I work, but when I was at school we wore uniforms.

Mmmm... Maroon!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I was not thinking clearly when I read this. I was thinking "Uniforms"? Let me break that word down - "Uni" and "Forms". And then I thought..."is that as in only one form you have to fill out for something, or perhaps an object or entity only taking one form as in not having 'morphing' capabilities?"

Anyone else ever temporarily forget the meaning of a completely ordinary word?

Anyhow, no I've never had to wear a uniform in school. I almost went to a private school that required uniforms, but then I decided...well **** that (for other reasons besides the uniforms)
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
While I live in America, we have a uniform at my school (private). It's relatively relaxed though... khaki pants and an oxford style shirt.
The medium is the message!
Here in Ireland I have brown shoes, Navy pants, blue shirt, nave jumper with school crest on it, Green+ nave+ red tie. School polocy is NO long hair
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
we did in high school, but now im at college with no uniform i hate the idea. sure, they may be a little conflict over looks in the first week but it dies down pretty quickly
hellz no!
Quote by Kensai
Yeah one time I ordered "Led zeppelin - greatest hits" and got some real crap cd instead. Oh wait.
In Israel, my school had. It was a pain in the ass because it was a navy school and we had to use the navy uniform. That includes soldiers boots and everything.
But I faked a medical thing that allowed me to use normal black shoes .
My brother here in Argentina has a uniform. In fact, all the schools in Argentina have uniforms (with the exception of technical schools).

I in fact agree with it. Not everyone can afford good clothes, and not using a uniform may create tension between the riches and the poors.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Yeah, in the UK 99% of schools employ a uniform. It varies from shirts, ties and blazers to polo shirts and corduroys.

I think uniforms are a good idea: it stops people being singled out for dressing differently and enables teachers to quickly identify who students and non-students are.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I never had to wear a uniform to school, it's very uncommon in the Netherlands to wear a uniform to school, I don't know any school which has uniforms
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
no, i wouldnt wear it anyway if we did
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
I had to wear a uniform...I must say I quite liked it. Prepares you for wearing a shirt and tie later on in life.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I've never had to wear uniforms, but I don't know what I'd do if I had to wear uniforms. As a girl, I prefer to play around with my outfits, and as an artist, I like to express myself with my clothing. Therefore, wearing uniforms would be horrible for me.

However, I guess it does have its pros in that it minimizes stereotyping and preconceptions about people since it narrows down characteristics to race, character, hairstyle, mannerisms, friends, and accessories.
Last edited by rockergurl09 at Feb 26, 2008,
my high school had a uniform too but it was pretty decent. navy pants (supposed to be proper slacks but we used to wear comfier, tighter pants that also looked much nicer and that was fine), white or light blue polo shirts or button up shirts, a woolen navy v-neck jumper (or if you're in year 12, a special year 12 hoodie) with the school logo on it, and black shoes (most wore 8-up doc martens).

there was also a short sleeve dress worn above the knees, and a navy tartan skirt, also worn above the knees (both as short as we liked without showing our underwear). there we no rules regarding length of socks or anything stupid like that. we could have piercings, coloured hair, nail polish, jewellery, etc. too.

i quite liked our uniform... some schools in the area had much much more strict and uglier ones than ours
from daylight...
...into darkness
Page 1 of 2