okay. so i have to write a song for me and my mates in
our 'music studies' class. so far i've done 2 guitars and drums.
the intro + first verse are done. i need to know what you think
before i continue.

it's written in B MAJOR.

all help appreciated.
Attachments:
B MAJOR for School..zip
Quote by Devil In Jersey
why is there no melodie in it? its just disharmonic. any reason why?

because i havnt finished yet. =)
i can spice it up for you a bit, but im at school now, so cant look at it until this evening
Hi. What style are you aiming for ?
So far it looks rather unorganized (and it's not really in the key of B major either) and there's no direction. Did you got more instructions from your class besides just "write a song" ? This is rather important. Especially when this is going to be a graded project, you should maybe settle for something more pleasant ?
well. it has to have TWO guitars, percussion, ONE bass guitar, ONE keyboard and a VOCAL melody.

the instructions i got was to:
- Write a song. (Obviously)
- Must be in a MAJOR key.
- Must have the above instruments.

thats pretty much it.

thanks guys. =)
there's no way that anyone who's listening can make out that this is in B major. i'd suggest rewriting it from the scratch and staying in tune.
"well. it has to have TWO guitars, percussion, ONE bass guitar, ONE keyboard and a VOCAL melody. "

Please settle for something less disorganized. A straight little nice pop-punk is easily composed in 5 minutes and is pleasing to the audience, gets you good grades and maybe girls

And try to incorporate your mates in the songwriting process. And stay in key. Especially because it is required. Hint: GP incorporates a "scale tool" - activate the fretboard view, select the scale you want to compose in , and all the notes will be shown on the fretboard. Use them, so you can stay in key without theory knowledge
Quote by Ailes
"well. it has to have TWO guitars, percussion, ONE bass guitar, ONE keyboard and a VOCAL melody. "

Please settle for something less disorganized. A straight little nice pop-punk is easily composed in 5 minutes and is pleasing to the audience, gets you good grades and maybe girls

And try to incorporate your mates in the songwriting process. And stay in key. Especially because it is required. Hint: GP incorporates a "scale tool" - activate the fretboard view, select the scale you want to compose in , and all the notes will be shown on the fretboard. Use them, so you can stay in key without theory knowledge

god bless you. im not much of a 'theory' head. THANK YOU!