whats the big difference between ESP Custom Shop made guitar and LTD guitars... even if they have the same specs... just cuz its made an Japan and not Korea its like 2 grands more expensive ???

like Mustaines DV-8 ... ESP = US$3,299
LTD = US$1,099

http://www.davemustainerig.com/electric-and-acoustic-guitars/esp-dv8.php

the only difference i could see was the fretboard from ebony to rosewood...

why is it so ???
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

look at it this way
Fender vs Squier
other than teh states, Japan is the best guitar producing place quality wise
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Crafstmanship, quality control and bridge. And the ESP name.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
its a higher quality build
its like epiphone is to ltd as gibson is to esp
understand?
yeah.... so do you think it would be worth it to spend 3k on a guitar which you can get for 1k ??? or would the extra 2 grands spent be worth it ???
Quote by tobysaurus

but you're not spending 3k on a guitar you can gget for 1k, your spending 1k on a cheaper less good version
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
as of late, id say most guitars out of japan beat the tar out of most american made instruments, IMO. And if you compare a top of the line LTD to an ESP you wont find THAT much different. Say the EC-100 to the Eclipse II. Exact same specs, even ebony fretboard (on the VB model), if played both, with your eyes closed, and if theyre set up just right, you probably wont even be able to tell. Basically the ESP's will be like, 1 piece bodies and necks, and will hae better fretting and what not. but trust me, you cant go wrong with an high end LTD.

PS plus, why spend 2-3 g's on a guitar, you nick it once and bam, HEART ATTACK
ESP is better quality and better rep...you have a guitar with the ESP name instead of LTD..basically.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
so any high end LTD is equal to an ESP...almost... ??? and people just normally look at the guitar and the sound... no one grabs on to see what company its made...
Quote by tobysaurus

The very highest LTD models are almost as good as the standard ESP's. The ESP Custom Shop models though of course beat the ever loving **** out of all the LTDs anyway.

It's the same with Squier/Fender and Epiphone/Gibson. The top guitars form those cheaper brands aare just as good as (if not better than) the low and mid-range guitars from the top brand, but the very best of the top brand are far, far better than anything the cheaper brand puts out.

The point is; there is a reason why those ESP Custom Shop guitars cost so much more than the LTD equivilents. To the typcial bedroom hero or garage band, is it worth it? Probably not. But when you're a world-touring, multi-million album selling band playing to sold-out stadiums every night and you have to demand the best of the best and money isn't an issue for you, then the ESP Custom Shops (and the Fender Custom Shops, and Gibson Customn Shops...) are well worth the extra cost.
The LTD model is made in Korea in a factory using mostly machinery to certain lower standards. The ESP model you are looking at is an artist Signature series and so built by hand at the custom shop facility.
The LTD one is built en mass, the ESP has the wood specifically chosen for each guitar and is built to very very demanding standards.
The difference is the marketing departments feeding of elitist wankers.
Quote by bokuho

It's the same with Squier/Fender and Epiphone/Gibson. The top guitars form those cheaper brands aare just as good as (if not better than) the low and mid-range guitars from the top brand, but the very best of the top brand are far, far better than anything the cheaper brand puts out.

the only way to tell if something is good is to play it...i've played some pretty bad Gibsons, & i've played some pretty good $100 LTD's

no two guitars are ever the same in the production line...though the chance is higher to get a crap one from the cheap line

most of the differences come from
wood (better cut)
hardware
electronics (pups, pots)
finish (paint, inlays)
ESP = Gibson
LTD = Epiphone

Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
ESP 's Are Hand Constructed by trained luthiers while the LTD's are made in factories without experieced luthiers.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30