I have a Jackson DXMG stock with EMG-HZ pickups and a floyd rose lic trem. I'd like to upgrade the pickups, was thinking about putting a Bill Lawrence L-500XLB in the bridge position. What should I put in the neck position to compliment it with good rhythm and cleans?

I was thinking about these:
Bill Lawrence L-500RB
Seymour SH-1 '59
Keeping the EMG-HZ

Others?

I use an SS Randall head so it's gotta be passive.
If you want to upgrade EMG's go for DiMarzios.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Dimarzio X2N/PAF Pro (or Air Norton)
Seymour Duncan JB/59(or jazz)
EMG 81/60 or 81TW/89 (for versatility)

The bill lawrence would probably be too bright and have to much treble to it, considering your guitar is alder, which is relatively brighter than it is warm. But if high treble is stuff is waht you like, like megadeth or pantera, then its a great pickup.
Quote by steel337
Dimarzio X2N/PAF Pro (or Air Norton)
Seymour Duncan JB/59(or jazz)
EMG 81/60 or 81TW/89 (for versatility)

The bill lawrence would probably be too bright and have to much treble to it, considering your guitar is alder, which is relatively brighter than it is warm. But if high treble is stuff is waht you like, like megadeth or pantera, then its a great pickup.

I like warm tones and my speakers give a warm sound. My amp has tons of low end. Do you think the L-500XL would still be too bright? I'd like to get a unique pickup combo that compliment each other well. You know, mix and match with educated opinions.
I looked into the X2N/PAF Pro and I like what I hear. Since I would put the PAF Pro in the neck position on my Jackson, should I get the F-spaced model?
^ Yes. F spaced is for Fenders and guitars with Floyd Rose trems. I could have gotten an Air Norton AND an FS1 for so cheap from musictoyz.com, but they don't stock f spaced DiMarzio pickups... O_o
i have a dxmg with a tone zone in the neck and a super distortion in the bridge. Great tone and amazing versatility. Unless you have multiple guitars with quality pups in each i would stay away from the x2n, not too warm for cleans.
BTW yes get f spaced
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!