Been playing for a few months now and I really want to try out messing about on a wah pedal.

However, I don't want a really expensive one but I don't want one that is going to be a low quality either. there must be a happy medium somewhere.

Could you guys help me im my Epic Quest for the Mediocre Wah Pedal please?
well behringer make a cheap wah.
not sure of quality, i guess you get what you pay for
What's your price range?
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
Quote by PsychoJeams
Ibanez Weeping Demon maybe?

I believe the TS said "cheap". Last time I checked the Weeping Demon was $100.

Rocktron makes several wah's that are cheaper than that... Dunlop Original Crybaby is $70. Morley Power Wah is $90.

Also, I own the Weeping Demon and its not impressive at all for the price you pay.

I'd go with the Dunlop Crybaby if I was you.
OK thanks guys. My price range is about £25-£35 (I'm gonna guesstimate that that's about $40-$60) but I'm willing to push it. I'll have a look at the CryBaby now. Thanks.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
OK thanks guys. My price range is about £25-£35 (I'm gonna guesstimate that that's about $40-$60) but I'm willing to push it. I'll have a look at the CryBaby now. Thanks.

It's not worth buying a wah in that price range, you'll probably end up replacing it later. Think you can get the crybaby as cheap as £60 before postage, i've got my eye on it myself
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
Would definitely be better if you can wait that extra time and put the money towards a better quality pedal, like the Weeping Demon, will last longer and sound better.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Just get a regular CryBaby. Mine isn't anything fancy, it's just the original one (i.e., it does not say Original or Classic, it just says CryBaby). I got it for like $60-80 on sale, I forget exactly how much, but it's awesome. Great quality, and not too expensive. I think you should just get some more money if possible, because, like someone said above, you'll just end up replacing it later on for a better quality one, so it makes more sense to get a good one at a fairly regualr-low price.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by PotBellyShogun
Been playing for a few months now and I really want to try out messing about on a wah pedal.

However, I don't want a really expensive one but I don't want one that is going to be a low quality either. there must be a happy medium somewhere.

Could you guys help me im my Epic Quest for the Mediocre Wah Pedal please?

I know, you said you want a cheap wah pedal but cheap equals bad quality. I say this because i probably guarantee you will sell that wah or you will barely use it at all. So my suggestion at the moment is save up some money and get a second hand effect processor such as a POD XT LIVE or a Gt-6 second hand off ebay. In the long term, this will be a much wiser investment.

Cheers
I have to agree with the Weeping Demon crowd. I have both a Crybaby and a Weeping Demon. The Crybaby sits. The demon is a Crybaby and a Morley in one and all sound frequencies, tensions, levels are all fully adjustable. Truly a great great pedal. Save up for it, you won't regret it Wah-wise.

Also my Crybaby makes noise when you work the pedal, my Demon is just flawless.
Last edited by Badorphan at Mar 20, 2008,
crybaby wah at GC while the green tag sale is there...
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Go for the VOX Wah
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC