Page 3 of 28
OK, well, I appreciate the info, I dont wanna add
"Some songs are in Drop B" to stuff, cause it's pretty useless....
No offense meant, just stating man.

Thanks BA, I'll add it right now.
Edge of Sanity - All B Standard, with the exceptions of..

Nothing But Death Remains - C# Standard
Crimson - A Standard/DADADE

Nightingale - All Eb Standard, with the exceptions of..

The Breathing Shadow - DADADE
I - D Standard
And the track 'Nightfall Overture' from the album of the same name is in Drop C.

Dan Swano - Entire Moontower album in E Standard except for 'Encounterparts' and 'Patchworks', which are in Drop D.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
To be honest, you might as well just stick EoS under B Standard and Nightingale under Eb Standard and asterix them. Mightaswell stick his solo stuff under Standard too with an Asterisk.

I'll try and look for some more of his projects and their tunings, I get the distinct feeling a lot of them will be E Standard though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Opeth play in E Standard! Not drop D ****. For some reason, Opeth isnt listed under E Standard.

They ONLY use drop D on Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park (Song), and one of the songs on the new album.

They use D Minor on most of Ghost Reveries (Beneath the Mire, Hours of Wealth, and I think there's one other that are in Standard).
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by Burning_Angel
For some reason, Opeth isnt listed under E Standard.

Man, I think you need to read it again a bit more carefully.
This thread needs maintaining

I also get annoyed with all the 'what tuning' threads that keep cropping up.

And the 'I'm in x tuning what should I play'.
Quote by Burning_Angel
Opeth play in E Standard! Not drop D ****. For some reason, Opeth isnt listed under E Standard.

They ONLY use drop D on Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park (Song), and one of the songs on the new album.

They use D Minor on most of Ghost Reveries (Beneath the Mire, Hours of Wealth, and I think there's one other that are in Standard).

I thought "Beneat the Mire" was in Drop D.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I thought "Beneat the Mire" was in Drop D.

Noooooo.... Its standard. The one tab I saw of it in Drop D completely butchered it, and only had the keyboard lead right. However, the powertab in Standard is spot on.

Quote by webbtje
Man, I think you need to read it again a bit more carefully.

Damn it. Right you are.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
*bump* because I know Magero misses this
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

You are a good man Kepul.
I honestly don't even care if I have to update anymore, I just want to stop the flow of "What tuning is...blah blah in?" threads.
Norther - Standard on Dreams of Endless War, Mirror of Madness, and Death Unlimited and D Standard on Till Death Unites Us and N

EDIT: I think Firewind plays in D Standard also.
Last edited by aznmetalhead93 at Apr 12, 2008,
Nevermore used 6-string C#-standard on the Dreaming Neon Black album and before.

Song exception:

Drop C# on Psalm of Lydia by Nevermore
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Demilich use A standard on their 1 album. And Cannibal corpse use Ab standard (7 string) On maniacal. Anyone know what signs of dying tune to?
Matt Pike from High on Fire uses a 12 string electric with the treble strings doubled. He tunes to C, F, A#, D#, D#, G, G, C, C. He said this in an interview so I'm 100% sure its accurate.
Up the Punx!
Quote by Dvnc
Matt Pike from High on Fire uses a 12 string electric with the treble strings doubled. He tunes to C, F, A#, D#, D#, G, G, C, C. He said this in an interview so I'm 100% sure its accurate.

I'll just add him under C tuning
Quote by Anooplol
Demilich use A standard on their 1 album. And Cannibal corpse use Ab standard (7 string) On maniacal. Anyone know what signs of dying tune to?

CC has been added ages ago.
Cheers though
Quote by ..NEM..
Nevermore used 6-string C#-standard on the Dreaming Neon Black album and before.

Song exception:

Drop C# on Psalm of Lydia by Nevermore

Nevermore has been added.
Ages ago.
Thanks though.
It just says
Ab Standard 7-string tuning (Ab Db Gb B E Ab Db)
Ion Dissonance

Should have cannibal corpse with a *

(I know i looks like im being a whiny faggot but its keeping the thread alive lol)
Hey, don't forget sleep since pike was the guitarist for them too.
Up the Punx!
Quote by Magero
Nevermore has been added.
Ages ago.
Thanks though.

Not under C# standard.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Magero
Look under album and song exceptions

Alright, you win. For this time...

And I meant Eb-standard on Dreaming, lol.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Magero
They used mainly Drop Db, so yeah....

Trust me dude, once I get ALL the song info, I'll do what I did with Dream Theater.

Well... Beyond Within is in Db-standard...

An Abstract Illusion
Looking over the Drop C list, I thought of something.

Isn't "Sleeping Giant" by Mastodon in Drop C? I know the tabs I've saw for it are in Drop C.

Just thought I would bring that up.

Saxo-Walrus

^He's under F standard 6-string, actually.

Saxo-Walrus