Page 4 of 28
Nudge....

¬_¬
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Vehemence uses C standard on their two new songs -possibly the album they might release as well-

I want to make love to you Magero regardless of past turmoil for the Buried Dreams thing, but then I saw it was PlayingWithFire, so him too

Dark Tranquillity's The Gallery seems to be completely in E flat, let me check Skydancer...

So far Skydancer seems to be completely in E standard except for In Tears Bereaved which is in E flat...

Casketgarden is in C in all their stuff, that I know

Underthreat I might have soon since I have the bassist on msn... and dunno what his band with Blaze Bayley or whatever from Iron Maiden is but I can probably get the tunning for it as well
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at May 7, 2008,
Okey, so I had like all this ****ing post filled with tunings for Opeth and it froze so the hell with it.

All in E standard until GR except BWP and Demon which is in drop D.

GoP - Open Dm (D A D F A D)
BotH - Open Dm (D A D F A D)
BtM - Drop D
Atonement - E standard
Reverie/HF - (D A D F A E)
Hours of Wealth - E standard
Grand C - Drop D
Isolation - Open Dm (D A D F A D)

On Watershed, all in E standard except Porcelain Heart which is in Drop D (or so I've heard).
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Okey, so I had like all this ****ing post filled with tunings for Opeth and it froze so the hell with it.

BtM - Drop D
Atonement - E standard
Grand C - Drop D

On Watershed, all in E standard except Porcelain Heart which is in Drop D (or so I've heard).

That sucks so much ass man, has happened so many times "woot there goes my thought process" hm try googling "advanced windows care personal v2" it might help the random crashing, also I guess whenever it freezes like that let it sit for a few minutes and it might come back to itself haha

Hm all that different tunning stuff is making me want to experiment... though I dont feel like messing up my acoustic more than it already is
Quote by ..NEM..

BtM - Drop D
Atonement - E standard
Grand C - Drop D

If I'm not mistaken (I think Burning Angel said this), BtM is in E standard, and Grand Conjuration is in Open Dm, but I could be wrong about the latter.

Also, a few of the songs on Damnation have capos on the 2nd fret. I think "Windowpane" and "Hope Leaves" are the only ones, but I could be wrong about the number.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Magero
Grand Conjuration is in Drop D. I'm 99% sure.
BTM is in drop D.

I second that, I'm pretty sure Grand Conjuration is drop D too.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Opeth and Dream Theater both added and fixed in the "bands with ridiculous tunings" part.
BTW: I did the Dream Theater research, so not to sound up myself, but I win
Speaking of Nevermore, isn't Psalm of Lydia in drop-Db not just Eb standard? I'm watching the video lesson on youtube right now (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-D8sAgR-8) and I'm pretty sure he's playing it in A# standard with the Eb dropped to Db.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yes, he is.
I can't believe me of all people forgot to add that.
Thanks man.

Btw, just cause he uses a 7-string doesn't mean he uses the Low Bb for that song
I got into this huge argument awhile back with this twat who said "Oh but he uses a 7-string haha, you're wrong"
-facepalm-
"I" uses D standard man, I think he fell in love with the tuning after Sons of Nothern Darkness, Immortal use it live now and his guitar lessons are in D aswell.
Kreator's Outcast uses D standard tuning.

Also, anyone knows the tuning for Character (it's an album) by Dark Tranquillity?
Aw shucks, but uh...

I've never had too much knowledge about tunnings...

but according to tabs, most of Character seems to be Db and The New Build so far seems to be the only song in Eb from the album... (or another tuning for that matter)

They all seem accurate, but I'm willing to say TNB is also Db now that I checked against other sources -namely Tabit tabs that are also just as accurate lol-... speaking of tabit theres some tabs for My Negation and Lost To Apathy that are spot on
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at May 8, 2008,
Quote by fallenangel20
If I'm not mistaken (I think Burning Angel said this), BtM is in E standard, and Grand Conjuration is in Open Dm, but I could be wrong about the latter.

Also, a few of the songs on Damnation have capos on the 2nd fret. I think "Windowpane" and "Hope Leaves" are the only ones, but I could be wrong about the number.

Windowpane and Hope Leaves are in E Standard and Capo on 2th fret. Thanks.

I looked at the Guitar Pro file over BtM and it was in Drop D, not sure though since I've also heard that it's supposed to be in E standard.

Quote by webbtje
Either Eb standard or Db standard, unless I'm much mistaken.

No, it's either in Eb standard or D# standard.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..

No, it's either in Eb standard or D# standard.

That's the same tuning man

am i missing a point here?
Quote by webbtje

Yep, you are

My humour sucks.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by webbtje

I lol'ed.

Thanks guys
Okay, I'm pretty sure Kathaarsys (the band I've been raving on lately) play in D Standard for both of their releases, either that or my ear has gone to teh pooper.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Opeth use standard on Beneath the Mire, and Hours of Wealth. The Grand Conjuration is in Dminor btw.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Opeth use standard on Beneath the Mire, and Hours of Wealth. The Grand Conjuration is in Dminor btw.

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE MAKE MY JOB EASY!?
I'm not sure if anyone can help me here, but if anyone knows the tuning for following bands:

Warning (Watching From a Distance in particular, but any would be good)
Negura Bunget (specifically, Om album)
Walknut

thanks, even if you don't know, at least for trying.

Also, while I"m aware it would be lots of work, alphabetical order for each respective tuning would make it lots easier to get to the bands you need

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Magero

Because we touch ourselves at night.

WEBBDIT: Outworld, if we count them as metal, are in Ab standard on a 7 string, as is everything Cooley does.
Last edited by webbtje at May 9, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
No idea man, sorry.

And France > all and you know it.

As a Brit i fell obliged to say: no! France sucks!

I'm sorry

And I think we should count Outword as metal because Dream Theater are also on the list.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
As a half Brit I feel obliged to slap myself.

And yeah, Outworld are basically prog metal, if driven by Cooley's tasteless wankery.
Quote by Magero

I have a hard time seeing why TGC would be in Dminor.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
I have a hard time seeing why TGC would be in Dminor.

+1 I learned it in drop D...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by webbtje
Because we touch ourselves at night.

WEBBDIT: Outworld, if we count them as metal, are in Ab standard on a 7 string, as is everything Cooley does.

YAY!
They get the honor of being the 2nd band added to "Ab standard on 7-strings"

Ok, I'm keeping the Opeth stuff as it is for now unless someone shows me definitive proof.
Dream Theater has been updated, Nevermore has been updated.

Joe, can you see what you can find on Kathaarsys?

I'm looking for the following band tunings aswel;

Borknagar
Kathaarsys
Warning (Watching From a Distance in particular, but any would be good)
Negura Bunget (specifically, Om album)
Walknut

EDIT: In fact, I'll add it to the front page.
Kathaarsys play in D Standard.

If you're curious, the bassist uses a five string, and I'm prettty sure it's in D Standard/A Standard
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory

Just added em to a list at the front, guess I'll cross em off now

Nah, don't worry about the bass stuff for now, it's complicated enough with guitars