Page 5 of 28
Aight.

I couldn't tell earlier, but the open riffs are too heavy to be in E, and the acoustics are too loose...

N'Eways...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Black Sabbath's "Dehumanizer" is in Eb, not C#, and for Testament, they're not always in Eb; "The Gathering" is in C#.
Arcturus play in B standard (6 strings) on The Sham Mirrors.

Quote by ..NEM..
I have a hard time seeing why TGC would be in Dminor.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opeth/the_grand_conjuration_power_tab.htm

That, which is spot on, and also, Mikael has said himself that all the songs are in D minor, except for a few which are standard (Hours of Wealth and Beneath the Mire).

Beneath the Mire (because the UG version is completely ****ing wrong):
http://911tabs.com/link/?2820040

Also spot on.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at May 16, 2008,
Quote by Magero
Updated
Cheers BA

Hurrah!

Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Arcturus play in B standard (6 strings) on The Sham Mirrors.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opeth/the_grand_conjuration_power_tab.htm

That, which is spot on, and also, Mikael has said himself that all the songs are in D minor, except for a few which are standard (Hours of Wealth and Beneath the Mire).

Beneath the Mire (because the UG version is completely ****ing wrong):
http://911tabs.com/link/?2820040

Also spot on.

Don't have PT but whatever.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
If anyone wants to talk to a mod about it, go for it
I don't want to because it might seem a bit vain....
-shrugs-
It was Dyer's idea originally, so I can't see how the mods wouldn't understand....
Quote by webbtje
Why hasn't this been stickied!

+1 and bump
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I just realised Arsis isn't on the list.

=/

I know there are very limited tabs for them on here, but the song with the highest rating is in Drop C, so I guess we can at least assume they use Drop C.

But, yeah, I thought that was kinda strange, since they're loved so much on here.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Martyr used Drop C# on Feeding the Abscess. Forget the tunings on the earlier two albums but they are different I believe...
Meshuggah - Use 8-String Half-Step Down (F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Ab Eb) on 'Nothing', 'I', 'Catch 33' and 'obZen'

Meshuggah also tuned THAT down, moving the low F to E for Stengah on Nothing.

Which is why my seven string is EEADGBE.
I think that for that they keep the other strings standard (ie don't tune them all down half a step like they usually do) and just drop the F sharp to an E.

So E B E A D G b e
Quote by Freepower
Meshuggah also tuned THAT down, moving the low F to E for Stengah on Nothing.

Which is why my seven string is EEADGBE.

So your 7-string is in EEADGBE cause Meshuggah used EBbEbAbDbGbBbEb?
Good ..... logic?
And webb is right, they use Drop E for Stengah and Spasm
-goes to add info-
Quote by Magero
So your 7-string is in EEADGBE cause Meshuggah used EBbEbAbDbGbBbEb?
Good ..... logic?
And webb is right, they use Drop E for Stengah and Spasm
-goes to add info-

The riffs/notes that aren't on the lowest string transpose pretty easily to standard.
^ totally cool man.

Just defending my logic. I've found that because their lines are so disjunct that most of the stuff i've looked at is actually easier to play with my tuning than on an 8 string in 4ths.
I think Webb found a similar situation with some Cryptopsy stuff. He plays in Open C down half a step which is
B F# B F# B D#
And Cryptopsy play in B standard, and he reckons it's piss easy in his tuning compared to theirs.
Quote by LadyHellraiser

G# Standard (7 STRINGS)

Lady Hellraiser - Eternal Hate Demos/Debut CD

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
horray
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Lol, I tried G# standard for a while.

All I ever did with it was dick around with Dark Tranquillity songs. And notch up a rather harsh-sounding Monochromatic Stains cover.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by LadyHellraiser

G# Standard (7 STRINGS)

Lady Hellraiser - Eternal Hate Demos/Debut CD

Tell me when it gets released and I honestly will add you

G# standard though....nice
*tries to think of more*

EDIT: I THINK Behemoth use drop B on 'At the Left hand Ov God' off the Apostasy, well, I've tabbed it out in drop B and it seems alright.
Last edited by \m/Gaz at May 23, 2008,
Behemoth is a confusing beast. I also think they use drop B on ATLHOG, but I don't think they have anywhere else (to my knowledge)
Quote by Magero
I'm gonna wait till I have all of Behemoth's info before I started adding....neither Dyer's or I found much

mhm, official tab book would be a big help hehe

EDIT:
Quote by webbtje
Behemoth is a confusing beast. I also think they use drop B on ATLHOG, but I don't think they have anywhere else (to my knowledge)

yeah, haven't seen them use it anywhere else, but I don't know al their songs so I can't be 100% sure
Quote by Magero
Well, we know they used C# standard on Demigod and TA. But before that, they used 7-strings and before that, 6-strings in ....E maybe?

a lot of BM is in E so that would be an intelligent guess

but I heard D somewhere