I have to choose by this Friday (pacific time) If im going to stay in AFJROTC, or get out of it and go to weight training. Im having trouble deciding, becuase even though it would help me get a job and such, my life has taken a very strange turn since I joined up, I don't know what i should do. Should I stay with it, or should I go to weight training instead?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Ichikurosaki
I dunno what AFJROTC is, but it sounds like a tasty foreign fruit, so go with that.

+1
AFJROTC is an Air Force program, its kind of like the military without the guns.
EDIT: Air Force Junior Officer Training Corps

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

What would weight training reall get you for life? At least the airforce is a job you could retire on, that is if you dont crash. With being a bodybuilder/model you may never make the grade to get the lots of money that is inticing.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Stronger, more stamina, and a better social life.

EDIT: Not career options, just a decision I HAVE to make.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

This doesnt make sence, joining the airforce is a career option. But you wanner weight train just to pull women? Seriously you can do both...

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
No, you're not getting it. Its not a career choice im making, its a choice in classes. ROTC will HELP me get into the military if i wanted to go.

EDIT: And I can't do both, the school won't let me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

sex-change operation?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
No. Just no. ^

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You can take weight training as a class in school?

And you can do both, but it just means taking the airforce class, and going to the gym in your own time.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
hate drama.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Speaking from my own personal experience, our schools ROTC was a joke and the only people who took it were people you'd rather not have defending your country (lazy, uneducated, out of shape) so i'd get into weight training unless you plan on making a career out of the air force then stick with it and goto the academy when you graduate. If you complete that through college I am pretty sure you can start with a pretty high rank thus increasing your chances of not dying.
You REALLY didn't explain this at all, man! You basically just said who you are and asked what option should you take. If you want a REAL answer to your damned question, explain the WHOLE story.

Instead of telling us what's it about, you started bitching on those people who wanted to help you or didn't understand why you can't do both. As far as I see it, it's your own fault to have gotten such crappy replies.

Wanna give it a new go?

P.S. This is hate mail, so be angry with me, lol
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

AFJROTC = Air Officer training?

With that in mind, I'd say go for that, because would your rather be a steroid swallower, or a guy just like in JAG?

I did AFJROTC all four years of high school, and it opened up a world of opportunity for me. It all depends though. You didn't specify what grade you are in, and that could make a difference. It also depends on how good your school's AFJROTC program is. If it is half decent, you will still gain a lot. It looks FANTASTIC on a resume. If you get involved with any extra-curricular activities, you can also gain a lot of leadership experience and get a lot of community service done, which is almost required to get into college. It might also give you a chance to go on some great trips and things. Besides helping me get into a good college with a great scholarship, it has also given me the leadership skills I needed to get a higher position (and more money) at work. I was also planning to go into the Air Force through college ROTC, and the high school program helped me get a scholarship for that. However, I changed my major and couldn't take the scholarship. I know this sounds like a plug for the program, but its all true.

On the other side, weight training can be a great thing too. However, you can easily get the same results without taking the class. Sites like www.t-nation.com and www.bodybuilding.com can give you the same information that the class could, but you just have to look for it yourself. You can also probably lift on your own too. In my opinion, you can't get AFJROTC's benefits without taking the class.

Just my two cents.
Im a freshman, and its the small things of the program that annoy me. The Uniform in itself is a pain to keep up, and its expensive to maintain, and that's money my family doesn't have. I hate having my hair shorter than a freakin half an inch, and I have to cut it every time i get to a length I feel comfortable with, I have to cut it all off. The people in my flight and class are a bunch of freaks, very few normal people to talk to. They are all lazy, unfit, and every friday we do PT. They don't do anything at all. I had to shout at a few of them, (Im second in command in my class) because they refuse to move when we're doing anything active. There are a few perks to it, I get to be on Drill Team. (I spin and fling M1s), and there are some pretty nice people in it, but mostly jackasses who don't know what the word "excercise" means.

Clear enough? I can go more in depth if needed.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Sounds to me like AFJROTC isn't right for you. Exercise seems pretty important to you though, and if you aren't enjoying AFJROTC then just drop it and take weight training. The things that annoy you, like the uniform, haircut, and lazy people, won't change, so if you aren't willing to deal with them then it'd probably be bad choice to stay in the program.
true, my friends hate the program. I liked it at first, but the hair thing ruined it for me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance