I need a good mic for vocals...
I heard of SM 58....
any recommendations?
price?
....so little time.
well, is it for live or recording? whats your budget? and will you only ever be using it for vocals?
All purpose....
to be used on gigs..
budgets not a problem
....so little time.
for all purpose i would go with the Shure SM57. but the 58 would be a pretty good choice too.
i think the 57 is like 100 bucks US.
Quote by chea_man
for all purpose i would go with the Shure SM57. but the 58 would be a pretty good choice too.
i think the 57 is like 100 bucks US.

57 is totally an instrument mic... never EVER heard of it being used for vocals.... actually, thats not true, the only time I saw it being used for vocals, was when this guy was using synth and different effects on his vocals.

Shure 58's are the standard, but try out some of the Audio Technica vocal mic's, they are a little more forgiving.
57 can be good for female vocals, but the sm58 is the industry standard "live" mic. its almost indestructable and sounds good enough.

also, look at the shure beta58. its very like an sm58, but with a different frequency response, which suits some people better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Thanks alot....

cant wait to try it out...

but the hard part......

convincing my mom......
....so little time.
All Peavey microphones are good. I have one that I bought new for £30 ($60) and that can manage gigs and all.
Quote by Dok Waw
Thanks alot....

cant wait to try it out...

but the hard part......

convincing my mom......

Explain it like this:
This is a professional grade microphone, what the pro uses. The thing is that it's almost the same price as most microphones and if I get this, I will never need to upgrade! It's hte best vocal mic there is.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Brendan.Clace
57 is totally an instrument mic... never EVER heard of it being used for vocals.... actually, thats not true, the only time I saw it being used for vocals, was when this guy was using synth and different effects on his vocals.

Shure 58's are the standard, but try out some of the Audio Technica vocal mic's, they are a little more forgiving.

BB king sings into a 57. among many many many many many others.
its about time to quit being a dumbass.
Quote by chea_man
BB king sings into a 57. among many many many many many others.
its about time to quit being a dumbass.

whoa whoa, i didnt even attack ANYTHING you said, i just made my comment and moved on, and I suggest you do the same.