I looked through various of the lessons on the site, but I couldn't find what it meant if it said "/7". I know when for instance says "3/7" then you slide from fret 3 to 7, but what exactly does it mean when it doesn't show a number in the beginning?

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then I found it in the "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" by Metallica tab in the first solo. Here is the link:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/welcome_home_sanitarium_tab.htm

__3__
----------------------------12|101210----------------5-------|
--------------------------13--|------13--12------------------|
12^-----r---------------14----|------------------6-----------|
----------------------14------|-------------/7----------/5---|
------------------------------|------------------------------|

I hope someone can help me

Edit: Oh, yeah, I had another question, too. What exactly is a triad? ("__3__") At first I just thought it was 3 sounds quickly after each other, but is that true?
Last edited by matiasfjeldmark at Feb 26, 2008,
that used to confuse me too, it means you quickly slide into that note, there's no specfic fret to start the slide from. I usually start the slide from 1 or 2 frets away.
I believe triads are simply a three-note chord
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
Quote by matiasfjeldmark

Edit: Oh, yeah, I had another question, too. What exactly is a triad? ("__3__") At first I just thought it was 3 sounds quickly after each other, but is that true?

that's not a triad, that's a triplet. it's 3 notes in the span of two beats of whatever note value. ex. an eighth note triplet would be 3 notes during the span of what would be 2 eighth notes. hope that makes sense. a triad is a chord.