just wondering what the better amp for tone and money is out of the Laney VC30 or the vox ad50vt

thanks
Vc30 is awesome at reproducing true marshallish tone. It's also a tube amp, something the AD 'tries' to be, but isn't.

VC30 is the winner here, no doubt
yep, the laney is the winner as long as you don't play anything too heavy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say the Laney nomatter what you play, it's very versitile, maybe not really metal without a OD but it's great
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Depneds what you want. If you want a decent versatile amp with lots of built in crap then go vox. If you want a real valve amp with a more limteted selection of sounds, less gain but more tonefull and deep go laney.

Apples and oranges really.

But I stand by my choice of the VC30.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745464
well no... depends if you like to experiment with strange sounds or so but if you just play regular stuff then you wont need anything else for the moment but effects always get more interesting after a while.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by moominman2
if i was to get the laney vc30, would i really need an effects board?

Effect board, no. But footswith - definitely. I'm not sure if they are included with the amp, probably aren't, but that's a minor expense. You could get an OD to get more gain for heavier stuff, but not necessarily.
Last edited by zombiak at Feb 26, 2008,
I have both, the VC30 was an upgrade. I say get the VC30
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by moominman2
if i was to get the laney vc30, would i really need an effects board?

It depends on the stuff you play.
tafe?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What the hell's a tafe?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
yeah, that's what i was saying.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's tape, but a typo with ph, so it became taphe but he was too lazy to type ph so he went with an f.

Really it's true!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
sorry?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?