Page 1 of 2
I Know there mostly not his songs but he has drawn me to him for some crazy reason.What Do you guys think of him ? be polite
I Loved My English Romance
Just turned into a dance song, I quite like the video but the rest of his covers all are not that good.
Hoodoo you do Mr. Bellamy
Yes. It is very wrong. The man wins so many awards and honours because he put some trumpets over classic Radiohead and Coldplay songs and is friends with Amy Winehouse. He has no original songs, can't sing or play any instruments, yet he is seen as the best thing to come out of Britain in the past 2 years to Americans.

The man is everything that is wrong with music.

Can't stand the bastard.
though I don't like him...

WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEED THE OPINION OF UG ABOUT WHAT YOU LISTEN OR NOT!?!
I mean...
If you like Ronson... you like him and whatever people say around you... it shouldn't make any difference!

Just be more confident about your music... or other interests :P
If you like it, You like it and nobody can make the difference...
Shoot Mark Ronson.

He's a talentless little **** who basically gets other people to cover songs so he can pass it off as his.

He's a producer. The albums shouldn't be in his name, you don't see anything like "Rick Rubin - BloodSugarSexMagik" do you?
a wouldn't stop am just wonderin what you think of him
A Do agree with Gallagher but to be honest a like it even if he can't sing or 'play an instrument'
Also, how in the hell can a talentless prick like him win "Best Male Artist Award" in the Brits this year?! It doesn't make any ****ing sense!
Quote by gallagher2006
Yes. It is very wrong. The man wins so many awards and honours because he put some trumpets over classic Radiohead and Coldplay songs and is friends with Amy Winehouse. He has no original songs, can't sing or play any instruments, yet he is seen as the best thing to come out of Britain in the past 2 years to Americans.

Can't stand the bastard.

I'm pretty sure he at least plays the guitar.
Quote by gallagher2006
Also, how in the hell can a talentless prick like him win "Best Male Artist Award" in the Brits this year?! It doesn't make any ****ing sense!

Yeah a was pretty suprised when a was watching the brits How bad were klaxons and Rhinna.She ruined it
i think hes got some good ideas and beats for when hes passing off covers. you cant fault him for that.
Quote by gallagher2006

Can't stand the bastard.

He's a producer. His album was all covers, which he had remixed or whatever.

He can play the guitar.

His album is not the only one that he has produced, he has produced tracks for other artists, and had a hip hop style album before this one.

He's also a DJ.

Like him if you want...
Those annoying faux-jazzy trumpeting behind every single song isn't originality. Also he's a completely posh cocky horrible chap, only where he is 'cause of the money and connections his family has.

EDIT: Nothing against people who like him though- loads of the greats are completely horrible people. Not to say I consider him a "great", but you might!
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
He's not a producer. That title implies he is producing something, which he's not. He's taking things that already exist and making them worse. The Smiths and Coldplay do not need comedy horns. Oh My God does not need Lily Allen singing tunelessly over it. And the Radiohead and Dylan covers just make me want to set him on fire.

He should stick to producing or playing on original material by other artists. I mean, Back To Black is a well-produced album. He's a talented musician as well, he plays keyboards and guitar very well indeed. But his butchering of other people's songs is just unforgivable.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
^I'm not a big fan of his tbh, but I don't think hes terrible either
Excellent stuff.

How can it be wrong to like his stuff? Jesus Christ, some people are beyond me. Listen to whatever you like.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Tombe
And the Radiohead and Dylan covers just make me want to set him on fire.

...You bring the petrol, I'll bring the matches.
Quote by Child In Time
How can it be wrong to like his stuff? Jesus Christ, some people are beyond me. Listen to whatever you like.

He seems a bit of a dick, and I don't like the bands that he has been re-working, but he does have a talent for catchy jingles. Like him or loathe him, doesn't matter.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
it is wrong. he is bad. music taste is a subjective thing, except in the case of mark ronson. he is, objectively speaking, awful.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
hello i'm listening to take that right now. is that wrong? omg i should just kill myself amirite cos it's not cool to listen to what i want to unless it passes indie standards

on that note, i think westlife have some bitchin' songs.

im actually not joking.
Oh Jon, that's surely over-stepping the line
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Child In Time
hello i'm listening to take that right now. is that wrong? omg i should just kill myself amirite cos it's not cool to listen to what i want to unless it passes indie standards

Yes it's wrong. Not because of the reasons you have leaned towards however, just because they are ****.
Quote by the5thlibertine
Yes it's wrong. Not because of the reasons you have leaned towards however, just because they are ****.

Not true, Take That have some excellent pop tunes.

And how has it destroyed a classic? You can still go and put The Bends on and listen to the original, it's still there.

Yeah a liked Zutons Version Better and half the people don't realise it was them that made it
catchy arrangements. not all that interesting though. that zutons cover got old very quickly (probably due to the fact every radio station played it on repeat for weeks on end).
I hate him. I saw him in an interview, too, and he just seemed like a utter asshole.
Quote by gallagher2006

Can't stand the bastard.

+1000. Can't stand. And Americans would probably say Amy Winehouse is the best thing to come out of Britain in years. She's becoming a full-fledged superstar over here.
I want to introduce him to a shovel.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I want to introduce him to a shovel.

thast what my garden said..

amirite?

lolololoolooloololololololoolollololololollolo
that was terrible.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Page 1 of 2