My apologies if there is an obvious solution to this but I have a problem with my Peavey Valveking 212, this evening I turned it on and turned the volume up but got no sound out of it, if I turn it up a lot I can get a slight "Clean" sound out of it but no distortion, all of the 4 tubes in the back are lit up and the power light comes on, so I'm confused as to why this has suddenly happened, my guess is that one of the tubes has died but I am unsure, can anyone shed some light on this little problem of mine?

Thanks to anything that can help me out

Matty.
It's a tube, probably a power tube. Get a full replacement set, if you can.
1. check/ try different guitar cables
2. make sure your speaker is connected from your amp to the speakers
3. try a different guitar
If all the tubes are glowing and on it's not a power tube, might be a pre-amp tube?

I had a problem with mine the other day doing the same thing, but it was just that the speaker jack was a bit loose, so i'd advise you to play around with that a bit and see if it works.

Also, try using a different cable from your guitar and amp, and try your guitar with another amp to make sure they're not the problem.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Check batteries / adapters for any pedals you're useing.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Right, thanks for the fast replies guys
I tried my Guitar with a SP-10 (cringe at the tone) and it worked fine, so as expected it's not my Guitar, I'm thinking it's most likely going to be a Pre-Amp tube as Gald mentioned, any other suggestions of what it could be though, just for the record?.
i really think you should try new cables and if you have pedals, check the patch cables. also make sure you dont have anything in the fx loop for now
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Tried an old Cable on the VK, didn't make a difference, I'm currently not running any pedals so that's not a problem, in the case of it being the Pre Amps can anyone recommend any better tubes than Peavey's standard 12ALX's, keeping in mind I play with a lot of Gain.
Quote by mattyvsmithy
Tried an old Cable on the VK, didn't make a difference, I'm currently not running any pedals so that's not a problem, in the case of it being the Pre Amps can anyone recommend any better tubes than Peavey's standard 12ALX's, keeping in mind I play with a lot of Gain.

just get some tung sols 12ax7's and youl be fine. as for gain youll be sacrifcing that for alot of noise. just get a tubescreamer and boost the amp for more gain
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Did you ever check the speaker jack?
Quote by gald
Did you ever check the speaker jack?

Gave it a check, nothing seemed to be out of place there.
Quote by mattyvsmithy
Gave it a check, nothing seemed to be out of place there.

Ok, probably a pre-amp tube then.
I don't suppose there's any sure fire way of making sure it is one of the Pre Amps is there?
Ahh right, well I guess I'll do that tommorow, SG662 suggested Tung Sol's but I don't really wanna' lose a load of Gain, especially since I don't use any pedals, I could get a TubeScreamer as well, but are there any other recommened tubes?
My old musicman just had the same problem, all the tubes lit up, excepty i only got a very quiet clean sound when i turened it up. Turns out my transformer went...which sounds like the same thing that's happening with yours. I'd get it checked out...a new transformer will probably run you $100-$175... it doesn't sound like a tube to me...
ESP/ltd EC-1000 snow white
ESP/ltd MH-1000NT See Through Blue
Peavey 6505+
Mesa traditional 4x12 (x pattern 2 v30's and 2 g12h30's)
ISP decimator/Tc Electronics Polytune/Ts9 Tubescreamer

Check out my band! www.facebook.com/blackentheskyline
Quote by mattyvsmithy
Ahh right, well I guess I'll do that tommorow, SG662 suggested Tung Sol's but I don't really wanna' lose a load of Gain, especially since I don't use any pedals, I could get a TubeScreamer as well, but are there any other recommened tubes?

I didn't lose any gain at all with the Tung Sol's
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by guitarman1507
My old musicman just had the same problem, all the tubes lit up, excepty i only got a very quiet clean sound when i turened it up. Turns out my transformer went...which sounds like the same thing that's happening with yours. I'd get it checked out...a new transformer will probably run you $100-$175... it doesn't sound like a tube to me...

Ouch, well that doesn't sound good, let's hope it ain't that :P

And as for Lynchworms comment, right in that case I'll probably look into getting them, I just noticed a few sources mentioned they suck the gain out of your Amp in return for tonality
Quote by mattyvsmithy

Tung-sols have more gain than most other tubes.
Quote by Roc8995
Tung-sols have more gain than most other tubes.

Zat right?
Maybe I'm mistaken then, thanks for clearing that up guys