So what do you guys think of these Bay Area Thrashers, especially now with their comeback into the metal world? I think they're becoming big enough to deserve their own thread, so discuss.

Also what do you guys think of the new album, Killing Season? I am listening to it now and it definitely isn't like the old thrash, fells almost a bit mixed with hardcore or something. I still don't know whether to like it or really hate it. Their best album though for me still is The Ultraviolence.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
So what do you guys think of these Bay Area Thrashers, especially now with their comeback into the metal world? I think they're becoming big enough to deserve their own thread, so discuss.

Also what do you guys think of the new album, Killing Season? I am listening to it now and it definitely isn't like the old thrash, fells almost a bit mixed with hardcore or something. I still don't know whether to like it or really hate it. Their best album though for me still is The Ultraviolence.

Killing Season seems like a great album to me. It's not pure thrash, it's got lots of melodeath elements, but melodeath is my favourite sub-genre so I'm not complaining. And just because it's not like the old thrash doesn't mean it's bad.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
i know, thats why im still considering it as a good album, but i need a few complete listens to be able to judge for sure. hmmm melodeath? maybe, whats annoying me is how their vocalists' singing has changed a bit. well i'm seeing them in 2 days live with forbidden, so hopefully i'll get to see both their new material and old school thrash played very well.

Quote by The Virtuoso

Quote by saphrax

The Ultraviolence is undoubtedly the best. Their new material hasn't really impressed me that much, will probably check out Killing Season soon.
I love what I've heard from Killing Season, but admittedly, I haven't really listened to anything else. But anyway, I think they're a fantastic band, the third best of the thrash bands outside the Big Four - behind Exodus and Testament.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
The new record is like stripped down thrash. It isn't overly technical but there are really great riffs throughout the album. It is much better than their last record.
www.myspace.com/blackarmyjacket
Quote by freddaahh
I love what I've heard from Killing Season, but admittedly, I haven't really listened to anything else. But anyway, I think they're a fantastic band, the third best of the thrash bands outside the Big Four - behind Exodus and Testament.

You forgot Kreator! But if you meant just Bay Area bands than you're almost spot on (Testament>Exodus>Anthrax ).
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Actually, Bay Area wise i'd say:

Testament>Megadeth>Forbidden>Exodus>Death Angel>Vio-Lence>Metallica>Slayer>Anthrax

all great bands, but i think metallica, slayer, and anthrax just were different cause they were able to make more commercialized/catchy songs and knew how to market themselves better. Also, Anthrax is from New York so not really bay area. All great bands to listen to still.

Oh and if we're including Anthrax we should mention OVERKILL among great east coast thrashers!!!!

and i have to say some of my favorite tracks on the new album would be Lord of Hate, Burried Alive, Soulness, and The Noose.

Quote by The Virtuoso

Quote by saphrax