So I was taking off the strings on my RG570 (with original edge trem) to get at the pickups. I forgot to block it so as soon as I took the strings off the bridge sunk down into the body. I grabbed the trem arm and pushed it into the body to try and raise the tream so I could slot something underneath, next thing I know, SNAP:

Trem before:

After:

Just so you can see where it came off from, heres the broken part just resting on:

Also, just while I've got these pics, can someone tell me if my knife edges are messed up, I don't know much about this kinda thing:

Left

Right

First question: I already know the answer but what the hell, is my edge ****ed up for good?

2nd: Where my knife edge screwed/beyond repair anyway?

Thanks, and sorry for the big pics

EDIT: Didn't realise the pics were so blurry sorry
Don't fret! I can't tell if the knife edges are alright from those pictures though. Put your Camera in close up or "Macro" mode as I believe it is called. Next, as long as you didn't break the knife points and just the pot metal around them, the trem will work fine. I had this happen to a Jackson JT6 trem and its fine.
Game over. Sorry. You may be able to "engineer" it into working as a fixed bridge if you can lock it. IF... My condolences.
Pretty sure the bridge is royally fucked this time, dude.

If parts are actually falling off, then it may be time to replace it
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
You can probably order a new one, but order an OFR or a ZR, much better.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Uh, an OFR is not better than an Edge. A Zr won't go int he route and isn't any better either. They are just different. But guys, let him get more pictures. Decadence hit the nail on the hit, and I will prove that a trem can loose the metal around the knife edges and still work great; because I have experienced it Metal will break and snap but the trem can have tones of life left.
Quote by Axe Murderer
How much does a new trem run? It cant be that bad.

Upwards of $180.
Quote by CJRocker
Uh, an OFR is not better than an Edge. A Zr won't go int he route and isn't any better either.

Having used all 3, I can tell you that the ZR and OFR are both better than the Edge series. But I forgot that the Edge had that stupid grooved routing rather than just a big gap like the ZR and OFR. If you need to replace it, depending on your budget. I'd get a better trem routed in. Otherwise stick with a new Edge.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Having used all 3, I can tell you that the ZR and OFR are both better than the Edge series. But I forgot that the Edge had that stupid grooved routing rather than just a big gap like the ZR and OFR. If you need to replace it, depending on your budget. I'd get a better trem routed in. Otherwise stick with a new Edge.

No, you forget that this is the ORIGINAL Edge, and it is far superior to a ZR, and many say is better than an OFR, mostly because of the locking studs. The Edge Pro, which is the current incarnation, isn't as good as an OFR.

Anyway, I do actually think that you'll still be able to use that trem, as it's the other knife edge (the curved one) that holds the thing in place. Also take a look at this Wilkinson:
(Invalid img)

As you can see it's only held in place by that one curved part of the edge.
that part doesn't seem to actually contact the posts in anyway (on the ep7 i have anyways). and it's not like your trem shifts left and right while you play, so it seem like it shouldn't be a major problem.
Try to use it anyways and see if it works. Make sure the knife edge is in there good. Or just go find a used edge or lo-pro.

Oh yeah and I've never seen anyone break an original Edge. Good job.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN