me and my dad are thinking about building a guitar with a strat body, so...

1. can it be fitted with a kahler without rerouting the body?

2. will a jackson neck fit on it?

thanks. this is my first time (dad's first too) and we're kinda confused. what do we need to build a guitar? so far i've got this.
strat body
pickguard
seymour duncan invader
seymour duncan hot rails
seymour duncan tb4 jb trembucker
neck
neck plate
tuning keys
switches & knobs
bridge/trem (is a locking nut necessary? i'm not really clear on how floyd rose/kahlers work)

what kind of stuff do we need for wiring?
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Last edited by hotsnakes at Feb 26, 2008,
1- a kahler 2300 will work. (I'm pretty sure)
2- Probably not, most companies all have different neck pocket specs.

for wiring, you'll need the pickups, 3 pots, 2 capacitors, a 5 way switch, a jack, some wires, a soldering iron, solder and some patience.
Quote by james4
1- a kahler 2300 will work. (I'm pretty sure)
2- Probably not, most companies all have different neck pocket specs.

that's true, but fender owns jackson. the jackson phil collen signature model has a strat neck.
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

True, but even neck pockets among the same brands vary sometimes. A tele and strat neck have different heel shapes.

Although I've never tried fitting a jackson neck to a strat.... That'd be the way to find out.
I'm not sure if the two necks will fit, you could send fender an email and ask them if it would work. I've never dealt with fender but they shouldn't be to difficult to get an answer out of.
Not 100% on this but I think you would need to do some routering to make the Kramer fit. You may also need to fill up the hole where the old trem was. If you have a hardtail you wont need to but you will still need to fill the screw holes. I doubt the neck would fit but you may be able to find the dimensions on the Jackson website.

Alfie
well, if it doesn't fit, would it be too large or too small? at least if it's too big we can cut the cavity bigger.
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75