Some do, just not the factory models.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Because they don't like actives in their models? The Dave Mustaine model comes with actives if that's what you're looking for.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Who cares? If you're buying a dean, chances are you care more about the looks than the sound anyway...
Quote by Danno13
Who cares? If you're buying a dean, chances are you care more about the looks than the sound anyway...

Pfft! Way to generalize and entire brand! Let's go out and say that all overdrives sound the exact same too!

TS, you can order them with EMGs if you get the American ones.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
mine came with emg's, straight from factory
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Danno13

Why does everyone judge Dean exclusively by the Razorback models?

Dean make some good guitars. Good as Gibson, if you ask me. They cost just as much, though...
Quote by sashki

Dean make some good guitars. Good as Gibson, if you ask me. They cost just as much, though...

Somebody who FINALLY gets it! Huzzah!

The Razorback 255 models as mentioned above have EMG pickups as does the Rusty Cooley and the M.A.B.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by sashki

Probably because such a ridiculously huge chunk of their guitars are Razorbacks.
Quote by Danno13

Has anyone here other than me ever played a Dean and LOVED it?
(but of course I've never played a razorback and why should I? )

anyway, yeah, the Dave Mustaine comes with EMGs but I general, they don't
use EMGs. But the Dave Mustaine ROCKS!!
why would you want emgs?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
why would you want emgs?

That's like asking why would one want a Marshall or why would one want an Ibanez.

Maybe he likes the high output the pickups put out or the compressed sound. Maybe he plays metal and wants the extra bite?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Matheau
Probably because such a ridiculously huge chunk of their guitars are Razorbacks.

That doesn't mean you should ignore the rest of the production line. Most of which is pretty darn good.

Do you judge Gibson entirely by their Les Pauls? They offer loads fo cool guitars. Same with any brand.

Besides, have any of you haters ever played a Dean? Frankly, I haven't, but I'd love to. Feature-wise, they seem awesome.
Unfortunatley most guitarists looking at Dean guitars with the use of no puncutation in their posts means its a 14 year old looking for brutal metal and only wants EMGs cos of heresay and not because of actual experiance.

And for the argument, Dean are fine guitars in a lot of respects but I hate how for £3000 you can get an SD dimebucker and a liscensed floyd rose, when for that much you can get an OFR/Schaller FR/Ibanez trem onto a guitar with decent pickups......

Custom made for you by ESP/BC Rich/RAN/Sims etc etc etc.

Their prices are rediculously high.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Unfortunatley most guitarists looking at Dean guitars with the use of no puncutation in their posts means its a 14 year old looking for brutal metal and only wants EMGs cos of heresay and not because of actual experiance.

And for the argument, Dean are fine guitars in a lot of respects but I hate how for £3000 you can get an SD dimebucker and a liscensed floyd rose, when for that much you can get an OFR/Schaller FR/Ibanez trem onto a guitar with decent pickups......

Custom made for you by ESP/BC Rich/RAN/Sims etc etc etc.

Their prices are rediculously high.

Dean Razorback is about £799 in UK mate.
I played an ML back in the 80's which was amazing. But even then, it was pricey, then = worth it. Now, not so sure.
ok, first for corrections to incorrect posts, second to answer to a question I saw posted, third to TS.

1. All Dave Mustaine signatures come with Live Wires, not EMG's. Also, there are plenty of factory models that have EMG's, they are just American factory models from what I've found.

2. To the guy that asked if anyone had played a Dean and fell in love with it, there is a 7 string American I want to get (unfortunately it's 2 grand here and I can't afford it) that I loved first time I played it, and strangely enough it is a razorback that actually plays good lol.

3. As stated earlier, there are American made models that have EMG's standard, but they are very expensive (and in most instances you still need to replace the trem from what I've read). Hope this helps
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by VivaLaJam
Dean Razorback is about £799 in UK mate.

If you want to spend £800 on a chinese sweatshop model sure
However £3000 gets the same specs but made in america.
Quote by bdragob
Has anyone here other than me ever played a Dean and LOVED it?

Yea, I played a couple Evo and Vendetta XM's that were damn sweet, especially for being $80-$120. I'd actually like to pick up an Evo Noir someday.

BUT, the fact that 85% of deans I see advertised are ML's, Razorbacks, or some other damn variation on the same damn guitar, kind of makes the word "Dean" taste funny when I say it.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If you want to spend £800 on a chinese sweatshop model sure
However £3000 gets the same specs but made in america.

Seriously?!? You mean a USA made guitar with a cheapo LFR?

I've played a chinese Razorback quite a lot (A friend has one), its not a bad guitar actually. I don't like painted necks, but overall it sounds half decent, even with the dimebucker, and you can set the action very low.

Factory setups suck though, the bridge was at about 40 degrees to the body.......
Quote by onemanarmy9
ok, first for corrections to incorrect posts, second to answer to a question I saw posted, third to TS.

1. All Dave Mustaine signatures come with Live Wires, not EMG's. Also, there are plenty of factory models that have EMG's, they are just American factory models from what I've found.

my razorback's a korean made one and came with emg's standard
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by onemanarmy9

2. To the guy that asked if anyone had played a Dean and fell in love with it, there is a 7 string American I want to get (unfortunately it's 2 grand here and I can't afford it) that I loved first time I played it, and strangely enough it is a razorback that actually plays good lol.

3. As stated earlier, there are American made models that have EMG's standard, but they are very expensive (and in most instances you still need to replace the trem from what I've read). Hope this helps

If number one was referring to me, I said they came with ACTIVES not EMG pickups.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster