Hey guys, finally planning to shell out the cash for a pickup swap for my Omen 6 (basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard). It will mostly stay in E Standard/Drop D. I'll be playing a mix of some hard rock, with a lot of metal and shred. I'd like a bluesy, cleaner neck tone, and a chunky rhythm tone for the bridge (ideally, I'd like to cut back on some of the treble that I get right now while using the bridge).

I've decided that overall, for this guitar, I'd like to stay passive, and preferably something I can get at Guitar Center/Musician's Friend, so DiMarzios and SDs.

My thoughts and some others (Bridge/Neck):
DiMarzio Breed/DiMarzio Evo
DiMarzio Breed/SD '59 (Leaning towards this one or the one above)
DiMarzio Air Norton/DiMarzio Breed
SD JB/SD '59
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I think a breed and Evo would be good i think. But since your gonna play shred, maybe get a Full Shred neck and an Evo i think.
SD Hot rodded set.... Jb/Jazz

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Also, just a quick question - my nut's width (be mature, haha) is 1 11/16", and according to DiMarzio's website FAQs, anything 1 11/16" and larger should have a F-spaced humbucker in the neck. I'm not sure what the string spacing at the bridge is like - I'll check at home. Would anyone who has an Omen 6 or another 25.5" fixed-bridge Schecter vouch for the humbucker spacing that I'd need?
Axe-FX Standard
Dimarzio sells F-spaced pickups. On musicians friend, it's an option in the color/features box when you're at the product's screen.

Dimarzio PAF fred/Dimarzio Dropsonic would be my choice
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I liked my 59 in the neck but it was a bit midbassy running it in the basswood body of my Ibanez. So i dont know if it was just the way the pickup sounds or if it was due to the type of wood.
Cord has it spot on I think - the Breed is an awesome chunker but the neck model may be a little too hot for you if you want a bluesier, cleaner tone. although it can do those tones...you just have to pick a little lighter.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Okay, I just measured the pickups and they're 53mm between the centers of the polepieces, so I'll need to go F-spaced.

I think I'm locking in the Breed for the bridge. What DiMarzio alternatives could I look at that are about the same, or a little cleaner than the '59? (Took a look at the Fred, but couldn't find it on MF.)
Axe-FX Standard
The Breed neck does do clean, it might be worth considering, but the attack is quite sharp and they may well be a little "hard" sounding for you...I'd suggest the Humbucker from Hell or the Air Classic possibly, they'll be cleaner and "airier" than the tighter, fatter Breed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by DrNick
Okay, I just measured the pickups and they're 53mm between the centers of the polepieces, so I'll need to go F-spaced.

I think I'm locking in the Breed for the bridge. What DiMarzio alternatives could I look at that are about the same, or a little cleaner than the '59? (Took a look at the Fred, but couldn't find it on MF.)

I'd get F spaced in the bridge pickup but don't get F spaced for the neck. The shape of the bobbin and the pole spacing change the tone of the pickup and you get better blues tone from a pickup that isn't F spaced, even if your guitar is meant to be F spaced.

The closest thing to a 59 that DiMarzio does is their PAF but I don't like DiMarzio's PAF. Their PAF Pro has a more interesting tone to my ears. Steven Seagull's suggestion of possibly using a breed neck could be a good idea to but if you really really want good blues tone you can get then you need something that uses PE wire which means the SD 59 or spending a lot more money for something from a boutique winder or BKP.
Not taking any online orders.