Why the hell don't guitars come with instruction manuals of some sort?
Call me Batman.
Quote by rocabilly
Because we have the internet?

+1

no - one would bother reading the manual anyway lol

n btw man i need a job too haha (rocabilly)
what do you need to know? or do u just wanna complain?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
mine did. it said "strum strings to make noise. put fingers on frets to make different noise. keep away from fire, water, and kids who play guitar hero."

it helped me out a lot
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Place left hand on neck.

Place right hand on strings.

Watch MTV. Ape what they're doing.

Do that for 10 minutes then take lessons.
Because we have the internet?

Fair enough, but assume this was 15 years ago when the Internet was still in its infancy?

OR, you didn't have Internet access?

I mean, if this was any other manufactured product costing a few hundred dollars/pounds there would be some sort of documentation. I just feel like the company's going "here you go, now **** off and figure out how to use it."
Call me Batman.
Most guitars are easy to use. Unless it's some crazy **** like a Variax or a Brian Moore iGuitar or something, you can probably figure out how to use it.

I mean, I did. And I'm pretty stupid.
Quote by webbtje
Place left hand on neck.

Place right hand on strings.

Watch MTV. Ape what they're doing.

Do that for 10 minutes then take lessons.

What if you're a lefty? Then you'd be DOIN IT WRONG
You gotta be politically correct these days.
Most guitars are easy to use. Unless it's some crazy **** like a Variax or a Brian Moore iGuitar or something, you can probably figure out how to use it.

What about locking trems etc.?
Call me Batman.
The only time you need an instruction manual is if you have a floating bridge.

Pretty self-explanatory otherwise.
I got one.
pretty handy though, just the basics you need to know.
how to replace strings. adjust the intonation etc.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by J.A.M
Fair enough, but assume this was 15 years ago when the Internet was still in its infancy?

OR, you didn't have Internet access?

welcome to the book store. i'll be your guide.
Some Gibsons come with manuals on how to take care of them.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by J.A.M
What about locking trems etc.?

Honestly, if I didn't know how to use something on the guitar, I'd ask the guitar store employees or I just won't buy something I don't know how to use!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If a manual exists most major companies let you download it for free. The manual I got with my latest Gibson purchase was generic to all Gibson guitars and pretty well useless. Mostly talked about finish care.
I also wonder why shoes don't come with instruction manuals. Or pants.

--- D
Quote by J.A.M
Why the hell don't guitars come with instruction manuals of some sort?

because you dont need ****ing instructions for a ****ing guitar
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Because they should not have to teach you how to play? This is why we have the internet.
I believe Haynes actually do a manual for the Fender Strat, which is quite a good idea though ultimately a pointless one:

As it is now, you often get a little sheet of paper with details of how to adjust important bits of the guitar, and that's all most people need. The only kind of 'instruction manual' viable for a guitar would be one explaining how to repair, disassemble and modify it - which is something the guitar companies discourage...
My gibson came with one...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
Quote by J.A.M
I just feel like the company's going "here you go, now **** off and figure out how to use it."

Do you want them to come and teach you how to play guitar?

The only manuals you get are for locking trems and maybe other complex trems. But you shouldnt buy them if you dont know what to do with them (I.e research before you buy.)
A guitar is an instrument, not a DVD player. Would you expect to get an instruction manual if you bought an acoustic guitar?

I just feel like the company's going "here you go, now **** off and figure out how to use it."

Yes they are, because it's not the guitar factory's job to teach you how to play music, it's their job to make guitars.
you got soul, or so you say. hey, i say you don't!

Quote by Sol9989
Last edited by Clandestine1 at Feb 26, 2008,
Quote by Duster
I also wonder why shoes don't come with instruction manuals. Or pants.

--- D

I could get the shoes on my hands or even wear my pants on my head, WE NEED INSTRUCTION MANUALS!
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
My pacifica 112J came with a small manual. It is very very brief. It explains how to adjust the tremolo/bridge, and maybe the truss rod.