Spoiler Alert. If you haven't finished Halo 3 and plan to, read no further.

Ok so, when you finish the campaign on Halo 3, there is the ending film where it seems like Master Chief has died. Then after watching through the credits you realize he's just floating through space while in his sleep capsule thing.

BUT! If you finish it on Legendary difficulty there is another scene after that one of the broken ship Master Chief is in, floating towards a planet that seems to have a strange blue glow. Then it looks like a huge plasma explosion happens on the planet and the whole screen goes white (like an explosion) then fades away and that's the end!!!!

Has anyone else seen this? And if so what do you think that was???
My first thoughts were it's the Brutes/Elites home planet.
It can't be Earth because everything was dark and it didn't look like it... maybe...
What's going on!!??
I still don't understand why they think he's dead. He's on the same ship as the Arbiter at the end, why didn't he just go up to the cockpit and be like "I survived, lol".
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I still don't understand why they think he's dead. He's on the same ship as the Arbiter at the end, why didn't he just go up to the cockpit and be like "I survived, lol".

Because the ship they were on split into two different pieces.. the front (with the arbiter on) went through the portal back to earth and the back with the master chief on was transported to a currently unkown location.
Master Chief doesn't sleep.
He waits.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
I think I read somewhere that the planet has something to do with Bungie's first game 'Marathon.' don't hold me to it, though
Quote by larryjohnson
Master Chief doesn't sleep.
He waits.

They say masterchief has no face under his helmet- just another helmet.

>_>

<_<
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

>_>

<_<

Whats under the other helmet?
Quote by rabidguitarist

>_>

<_<

I laughed heartily.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Jackolas
Whats under the other helmet?

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Jackolas
So that's where fortune city originates!

Haha...

I've no idea where that picture came from- it was originally an oddish.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Now lets go to our iconic saviour.
They say he has no face under his helmet - just another helmet..

All we know is, he's called the Chief.

Fixed for the sake of Top Gear.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Feb 26, 2008,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']
Quote by rabidguitarist
Now lets go to our iconic saviour.
They say he has no face under his helmet - just another helmet..

All we know is, he's called the Chief.

Fixed for the sake of Top Gear.

Sorry, can you talk me through that post?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I swear you only get that ending on the legendary edition of halo3
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Haha...

I've no idea where that picture came from- it was originally an oddish.

I can picture it now...
Quote by Erik_Aero
Spoiler Alert. If you haven't finished Halo 3 and plan to, read no further.

Ok so, when you finish the campaign on Halo 3, there is the ending film where it seems like Master Chief has died. Then after watching through the credits you realize he's just floating through space while in his sleep capsule thing.

BUT! If you finish it on Legendary difficulty there is another scene after that one of the broken ship Master Chief is in, floating towards a planet that seems to have a strange blue glow. Then it looks like a huge plasma explosion happens on the planet and the whole screen goes white (like an explosion) then fades away and that's the end!!!!

Has anyone else seen this? And if so what do you think that was???
My first thoughts were it's the Brutes/Elites home planet.
It can't be Earth because everything was dark and it didn't look like it... maybe...
What's going on!!??

That's the suicidal Explosion Kurt-51 sets off on the planet onyx, just as the other people from his team dive into the Dyson Sphere
Quote by AU79 XY
That's the suicidal Explosion Kurt-51 sets off on the planet onyx, just as the other people from his team dive into the Dyson Sphere

Say WHHAAA!!?
I could do with a game of Halo 3 online. PM me, if you want a game.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by rabidguitarist
Sorry, can you talk me through that post?

It's a British thing
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409