Hey guys,

I was on the verge of ordering some new valves for my amp, but when I spoke to the guy and he said the problem I'm having is nothing to do with the problem. Apparently both of the valves glowing blue when the standby switch is set to on (so there is output).

Anyway, the problem is the amp makes a loudish bang when taken off standby and after a few minutes there is a very vicious crackling sound (like when you have a dodgy lead, but more distorted and louder). The signal coming through the amp from my guitar is at normal level and sounds as good as it alsways has. But the humming and crackle...
Any idea what the problem might be?

Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I would say the tubes. but you said that that ain't the problem. so I have no idea. sorry
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
^ Yeah... I can play it for about 5 minutes and then the noise comes back >.<
Could it be down to a preamp tube (ECC83/12AX7) failure or something? They all appear to be working...
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
I would email or call engl. It sounds like it could be a ground or circuit board issue. I have a suspicion the first thing they'll tell you to do is change the tubes, though.
Just because tubes look like they are working right doesn't mean anything. If you have someone in the area with a tube tester get em done.
Yeah probably a good idea... I think I know someone with a bias probe so.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH