Page 1 of 2
I play a lot without an amp. I'm just too lazy to plug it in sometimes. I can still hear perfectly fine what I am playing. I just pick it up and go. It's quiet, but it's ok because it's just me. Do others do this?
yes, since my amp is in the shop (valvestates aren't the most reliable things ever).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
im at college with no amp, so, 100% of the time i play without an amp...even electric bass which is even quieter
if i'm going to play without an amp i'll just pick up my acoustic

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
depends how lae it is but yeah sometimes i enjoy to play mine acousticly
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I do it sometimes. but most of the time I just plug it in with a lot of distortion (H)
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Awaken
if i'm going to play without an amp i'll just pick up my acoustic

i'd have to agree with you, i mean it's bassicaly pointless playing an electric guitar without an amplifier... thats like having sex without puting your dick inside her...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

95% of my playing is done without any sort of amplification.

yer.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
^LOL thata boy

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I play alot without, almost 85% of the time, mostly because i don't have the room to let my gear out, and because it's too loud for my family, so...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by lexaah
i'd have to agree with you, i mean it's bassicaly pointless playing an electric guitar without an amplifier... thats like having sex without puting your dick inside her...

Which wouldn't be sex at all, where as playing an electric that isn't plugged in is still playing a guitar. I do play my acoustic alot, but the feel of an acoustic and an electric are profoundly different. I like the feel of an electric much more than an acoustic, sometimes I'll plug in sometimes I won't.
yea sometimes i am just that lazy cause it sounds kind of acousticy without the amp on
Quote by david_highland
Which wouldn't be sex at all, where as playing an electric that isn't plugged in is still playing a guitar. I do play my acoustic alot, but the feel of an acoustic and an electric are profoundly different. I like the feel of an electric much more than an acoustic, sometimes I'll plug in sometimes I won't.

goddamnit you get what i mean!
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I play my electric acoustically more than I play my acoustic acoustically, LOL. I mainly play the electric acoustically while I am watching TV so I can run through scales and practice chord changes. When I am actually practicing, I practice with an amp and headphones usually. If I am home alone I will jam on the amp. I can't always use an acoustic guitar when I want to play acoustically because it can get pretty loud and I live in a smallish apartment with my girlfriend and she will complain if she is studying or trying to watch TV. My les paul actaully has a really nice acoustic sound too it as well... When I move into my next house I would like to make one room my practice room and sound proof it so I can really jam out. I would like to get a drum kit then too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
I prefer my acoustic cause my comp is in another room, to try stuff on power tab and the like. Usually I play acoustic, but since I need a string, I've been playing without my amp a lot.
Seeing as my hand-me-down acoustic has the most raggedy faced frets ever, i only ever play the electric. Play that unplugged about 3/4 of the time.

rest of the time ill play the amp on clean. I reserve annoying the neighbours with gain at max, for only a few select occasions
If i'm just noodling around, i play it unplugged, but when practicing the amp is a must.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I don't use it much, unless I want to piss off the neighbors, which is why I stopped using it alot anyways, but I think I should use it for certain things like sweeping, I may not hear my mistakes as clearly and loudly as with an amp.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
i'm usually playing with my amp on clean while i'm running up scales or practicing sweeps
Yes. Sometimes I am just too lazy to wait for my amp to warm up, other times its because I work until 8 or 9 p.m. so my neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate a 100w tube amp blasting, they hate me enough already .
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
never. I just love high gain
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Nearly always,cause of my amp...
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
usually but not cause i dont want to but cause it would probably make too much noise and isturb my neighbors.

so i can only play with an amp a few hours during the day, too bad i prefer playing at night
I am plugged in most of the time.
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
If I really don't want to disturb anyone at night I do, other than that I'll play my acoustic for less volume, or plug headphones in.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I used too, but when your playing at 5am in the morning and then you go out and leave the door unlocked your flatmates have a habit of stealing it and not giving back unless you promise to have it turned off by 7pm :/
Quote by Parafly9
I play a lot without an amp. I'm just too lazy to plug it in sometimes. I can still hear perfectly fine what I am playing. I just pick it up and go. It's quiet, but it's ok because it's just me. Do others do this?

I almost never play without the amp, unless I'm just warming up/practicing some scale exercises or something.
Usually I try to play with my amp so I can practice getting good tone
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Sometimes.

The acoustic on I've got is like, 50 years old or something.
I haven't played with an amp in about a week, but I'm getting effects 'soon', GAK told me it'd be here this Friday (today) and I ordered it last Wednesday. It's not here still.

Yes. If I'm playing late at night and I don't want to wake my family up then I play without an amp.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
If I'm playing when I have a few extra minutes before I leave in the morning, or if I'm just passing time waiting for something, I'll just pick it up off the stand and play without the amp. But if I actually sit down to practice I'll plug it in.

And I don't have an acoustic for the just picking it up for a minute or two times, but I want one. Especially since I'm taking guitar at school next year and I need an acoustic but really don't want to use my mom's.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
I do play my electric without an amp. However, most of the time it's just for like 10 minutes before school or something like if I'm watching TV.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Page 1 of 2