If there are meant to be any pictures, I can't see them

EDIT: ok, I see it now. The guitar comes in from where the jack is (before the wah pedal).

It doesn't show where the effects loop starts and where it ends, but I would assume that the whammy comes first in the loop.
Quote by sashki
If there are meant to be any pictures, I can't see them

EDIT: ok, I see it now. The guitar comes in from where the jack is (before the wah pedal).

It doesn't show where the effects loop starts and where it ends, but I would assume that the whammy comes first in the loop.

so GUITAR then wah pedal... after that where does the cable go? and whats the broken lines?
Here's how it works... a typical amp without an effects loop is set up like this:

Guitar -> effects --(inside the amp)--> pre-amp -> power amp --(outside the amp)--> speakers

An effects loop allows you to place your effects after the pre-amp, but before the power amp. Some things might sound better than others here. I saw a website somewhere that had placement recommendations for the effects, things like delay and all that should go in the effects loop while wah wahs should go before the pre-amp.

So...

Guitar -> effects --(inside the amp)--> pre-amp -(FX loop send)-> more effects -(FX loop return)-> power amp --(outside the amp)--> speakers
Tom doesn't uses the fx loop.
all in front of the amp

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2